Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

"WARNING: the PMDG product was unable to create its work files. Please make sure you are running Flight simulator X as administrator"

Why would this come up in P3d V3.0 when their is no fsx installed or any previous p3dv.....?

Thank you,

Bob Morehead

Bob M

Why would this come up in P3d V3.0 when their is no fsx installed or any previous p3dv.....?

Thank you,

Bob Morehead

We may need to update the text, but the fact of the text is true: run your sim as an administrator.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you, but what do you mean by update the text?

Also while I have your expertise, I seem to get corrupted livery downloads for new aircraft. Bet I have jumped over the moon at least 15 times with this plane since v3.0 has come out...one problem or another :) just this second tried to download and it say"s there was an error opening aircraft cfg file and then it asks if I want to delete the folder and I say yes and it does it everytime and my op center is up to date?

Thanks,

Bob Morehead   if you see my other posts recently

Bob M

Thank you, but what do you mean by update the text?

Also while I have your expertise, I seem to get corrupted livery downloads for new aircraft. Bet I have jumped over the moon at least 15 times with this plane since v3.0 has come out...one problem or another :) just this second tried to download and it say"s there was an error opening aircraft cfg file and then it asks if I want to delete the folder and I say yes and it does it everytime and my op center is up to date?

Thanks,

Bob Morehead   if you see my other posts recently

Update, as in "make more current." If the text is referring to FSX when it should be referring to P3D, then I guess we should update it to refer to the current sim.

As far as the rest of the issues go, sounds a lot like you aren't running most things as an admin, which is probably causing all of your issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you...I went thru and checked all the folders to make sure they are shared and p3dv3.0 and op center set in compatibility as administrator....I found two old  texture folders for air berlin and deleted them and redownloaded it again...no errors although I was using the livery downloader and it seem not to find these folders or if it asked to delete I did but a new download would corrupt so I guess for now I will do it by hand. :)

Everything seems ok and actually I have rebooted p3d v3.0 and it has not crashed..so I guess I am good to "take to the skies" lol.

Bob Morehead

PS I had to restart (because I just realized) p3d v3.0 because that "debug" message about fsx did not show up..uhmm.

Bob M