Sign in to follow this  
starsailorzed

Saitek Flight Controllers and Windows 10...

Built a new Flight Simulator over the weekend, dedicated, with Windows 10. Installed my FSX-SE, P3dv3 and Xplane all, then started trying to add all my Saitek Units to the system-.....tried. None of them would install correctly, and even though some of them would get "recognized" occasionally, most of them would not. I tried using USB 2.0 ports, 3.0 ports, straight to the motherboard, through a USB hub (always powered), still nothing.

I have NO freakin idea what to do anymore, but I'm more than frustrated, and losing time on my flying plans. 

Can ANYONE offer any solution(s)? I'm tired of just "trying" stuff, I need for these things to work.

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle Quad, the Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, several Flight instrument Panels, the Cessna Trim Wheel, the TPM panel, the radio panel, the BIP, the multiswitch panel, and probably others that I've forgotten about.

Thanks in advance. Permanent pledge to be made to a user's charity of choice in their honor for the first person who helps me get these working correctly.

Hello.. w10 is known for switching off devices to save power. Start by disabling the device power management for each device in the usb settings. Secondly if you are using the saitek software to control your devices in p3dv3. Check out frooglesim video on you tube which will show you how enable the saitek plug in on the exe.xml file located in your c program data lockheed martin folder. Can't be any more specific at mo as I don't have access to my pc. Typing this on a tablet.bip will not work in p3dv3. Saitek recommended using spad instead.

Hope this helps.

I have NO freakin idea what to do anymore, but I'm more than frustrated, and losing time on my flying plans. 

Can ANYONE offer any solution(s)? I'm tired of just "trying" stuff, I need for these things to work.

i guess it's not what you want to hear, but if you install Windows 7 all of these issues will go away.

If you still want to use W10 just set up a dual boot

Built a new Flight Simulator over the weekend, dedicated, with Windows 10. Installed my FSX-SE, P3dv3 and Xplane all, then started trying to add all my Saitek Units to the system-.....tried. None of them would install correctly, and even though some of them would get "recognized" occasionally, most of them would not. I tried using USB 2.0 ports, 3.0 ports, straight to the motherboard, through a USB hub (always powered), still nothing.

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle Quad, the Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, several Flight instrument Panels, the Cessna Trim Wheel, the TPM panel, the radio panel, the BIP, the multiswitch panel, and probably others that I've forgotten about.

Thanks in advance. Permanent pledge to be made to a user's charity of choice in their honor for the first person who helps me get these working correctly.

Remember that W10 drivers haven't been released by Saitek yet. They're still in beta, and you can get them from their website: http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/604/46/windows-10--saitek-hotas-beta-drivers-and-software-release

OK, so I found my solution.

For some reason, Asus installed with the chipset drivers some USB management drivers and utilities that were interfering with the USB ports....ugh. I had run into that problem before with Asus motherboards, so I went back and deleted every single one...and...

voila...

insta workee. Everything works, even with the win 7 and 8 drivers. 

thanks so much for all the replies. Hopefully someone may be helped by my stupidity!!!!

Still weird stuff with Saitek and Windows 8.1 and beyond. I have had trouble with my Saitek USB devices causing havoc in Windows 10 if unplugged before booting the computer down to cold and dark and my Saitek Multipanel buttons, knobs and switches would work, but the display would not light up. It would not light up regardless of whether it was plugged into a USB 3.0 port or a USB 2.0 port. Just would not light up!  

I am living with the need to shut down the Windows 10 system to unplug the devices safely.  NOTE: I had already followed some procedures to disable Advanced Power Management for my Saitek devices, both via Control Panel and via Regedit.

The Multipanel issue has been resolved with what is still a partial mystery.

Found a message topic on another site about Saitek and USB 3.0 ports. Issues for some users but not for all. Solution presented is to boot into BIOS, find USB settings (under peripherals in my BIOS) and disable xHCI support, which I understand is USB 3.0. So I did so and all three of my Saitek products sprang to life, including the Multipanel, which became operational with a bright display. OK. I have some USB 3.0 external HDDs and one USB 3.0 thumbdrive, so I anticipated an additional step, switching xHCI off when booting to fly, and xHCI off when rebooting to do ordinary daily work.

However....

After turning off xHCI once in my BIOS, flying, then rebooting with xHCI re-enabled, I later in the day, without rebooting and without disabling xHCI,  plugged in my Saitek devices solely for the purpose of changing a couple of FSUIPC settings.  When I plugged them in, including the Multipanel, the Multipanel display was burning bold and bright!  ???????  I rebooted into the BIOS and confirmed xHCI as enabled, on into Windows 10, into FSX, and confirmed again that the Multipanel is working better than ever. So somehow, disabling xHCI once in my Bios brought my Multipanel's display to life, and it now works flawlessly with xHCI enabled.

Go figure....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have a similar issue.....sort of.  I fly both FSX and X-Plane.  Before Windows 10 upgrade all worked perfectly.  (Windows 7)  After the upgrade to Windows 10 the Saitek Multi Panel will still light up and work.  However, after take-off anytime I make any changes (heading, vs, etc.) the auto pilot instantly kicks off.  All the other panels are working fine.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Frustrated as well!