Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Plane Won't Climb After Takeoff

Prepar3D v3 with latest installation executable.  Starting the plane cold and dark at KDEN.  I go through the entire setup getting the plane ready for departure.  After take-off I select VNAV and LNAV and the plane refuses to climb.  AT is set and AP is on.  I even tried to to turn off AT and climb with manual thrust.  Plane is loaded with 60,500lb of fuel and takeoff weight I believe was 480,000lbs.  I didn't have any trouble in Prepar3D v2.5.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

480,000lbs is nothing, you should be rocketing to the sky. What altitude does the plane stop climbing? Are you sure that the AP isn't on with ALT HOLD?

I know there are flight restrictions leaving KDEN but I flew well past the lower limits before shutting down. I even tried with the non cold and dark startup with the same issue. I tried cycling the AP and AT and tried to select the non restricted climb. I even went as far as turning off both and trying a full throttle climb. Best speed I could get was 200IAS and maybe +2000fpm climb. I was seeing full power with both engines 1 & 2 as well.

I might try from a different airport tonight and see what happends.

John

John P. Navara

Ok so I just tried KSFO-KPHX and the same thing.  It was reluctant to climb although the throttles were full steam ahead.  I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

John

John P. Navara

Hi John,

I've had this happen before. I was advised to delete the .ini file in FSUIPC. Re-boot and FSUIPC will create a new file.

This cured the problem for me.

Not at my flightsim PC at the moment so can't advise exactly where the file is in FSUIPC.

I would save a copy of the file before you delete it.

Hope this is of assistance.

Regards

John Fairman

Ok so I just tried KSFO-KPHX and the same thing.  It was reluctant to climb although the throttles were full steam ahead.  I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall and see what happens.

John

Uninstall/reinstall rarely every fixes things, and you end up learning more if you take a moment to troubleshoot anyway.

As mentioned, it's usually an indication of an FSUIPC issue. More specifically, it happens a lot when people assign a flap axis through FSUIPC. You don't have to delete the file. Just pull it out of your sim's root folder and put it on the desktop. It will regenerate one in the sim folder when the sim runs next. If the issue goes away, delete the old file on your desktop. If it isn't resolved, just drop the old file from the desktop into the sim folder and overwrite the new one.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle and all,

I just hate deleting the the FSUIPC.ini file because I have all my axis and buttons setup via FSUIPC but I will try that when I get home tonight.  I will report back with what I find out.

Funny that I was actually trying to get my flaps setup for one of my levers on my throttle quadrant.  I didn't go that route as I wasn't able to get it to work.  I also see that I must have something set to use the Sh+R key as I want to use that for my right wingtip view using EZDok.  I typically remove all keyboard commands as I have my own setup.

Thanks!!!

John

John P. Navara

I just hate deleting the the FSUIPC.ini file because I have all my axis and buttons setup via FSUIPC but I will try that when I get home tonight.  I will report back with what I find out.

I didn't say delete it - I said relocate it to the desktop to check it for errors. Sure, there is a potential that the file is causing the issue (highly likely, actually) and will need to be rid of, but an alternative would be to check the assignments and use a workaround. I'm sure there are several people on the forum here who have sidestepped the issue, but custom stuff through FSUIPC is usually what causes this.

Kyle Rodgers

I am aware fo the fact that I am not deleting it.  Copied to another location prior to deleting the file.

John

There were a couple other things that seemed odd as well.  After starting P3D again and opening the 777 the keys on the FMC wouldn't work.  Closing P3D and starting again fixed the issue.  And that happened more than once and is happening again today.  I am starting the 777 from a saved situation after using a default plane to start.

John

John P. Navara

There were a couple other things that seemed odd as well.  After starting P3D again and opening the 777 the keys on the FMC wouldn't work.  Closing P3D and starting again fixed the issue.  And that happened more than once and is happening again today.  I am starting the 777 from a saved situation after using a default plane to start.

Red text highlighting the problem.

Your sim should load directly to the Create a Mission/Scenario screen. If you load the 777 after ANY other aircraft, you may run into issues like this. We have long held that our aircraft should be the only ones loaded within a sim session, and that our aircraft should not load as part of the default flight that sets up the Create a Mission/Scenario/Flight screen.

Kyle Rodgers

John, this is true but that is not what Kyle said. In P3Dv3, you cannot select a PMDG plane if another plane is already loaded even a default one. Check the box that requires the Scenario Setup screen to open instead of starting with a default aircraft, then select the PMDG vehicle or saved situation from the Scenario Setup screen. That solves your unresponsive buttons.

Also, with P3Dv3 you can run many controllers' buttons/axis directly into the simulator without the need for FSUIPC.  The v3 recognizes everything on my Warthog HOTAS throttle and stick controllers. The only thing I need FSUIPC for is to translate buttons into keycommands for the PMDG keycommand list because PMDG does not recognize buttons.

Basic engineering: keep it simple.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK the issue is resolved!!!  Climbing out of KDEN now at +4150fpm and 310 IAS.  I'm AAL222 on VATSIM if anyone wants to follow my flight.   :smile:

Thanks for all the help.  I wouldn't have thought it would be something so simple.  I would have pulled my hair out if I had any left.

John

John P. Navara

OK the issue is resolved!!!  Climbing out of KDEN now at +4150fpm and 310 IAS.  I'm AAL222 on VATSIM if anyone wants to follow my flight.   :smile:

Thanks for all the help.  I wouldn't have thought it would be something so simple.  I would have pulled my hair out if I had any left.

Glad to help!

Kyle Rodgers