Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

REBOOT 1.1 for P3Dv3.0, SOP2 Button Control

Good evening Bryan,

I encountered a very strange issue that I have never had before.I use P3Dv3.0 with NGX, Reboot and Radar Contact 4.3  

When I run Reboot, some sounds on RC and ALL other external soundstreams such as YouTube, LiveATC and Spotify are blocked. I can hear only P3Dv3.0 sounds, NGX sounds and Reboot sounds. If I use any other aircraft without Reboot, I have no problems.

Somehow, Reboot blocks the external soundstreams (RC4.3 is an external soundstream as well and I can hear either a pilot or controller or visa versa). 

P3Dv3.0 settings - Logitech G930 for all 3 settiings.

Reboot settings - Logitech G930 as a primary device.

Other settings - Win7 PRo-64, Motherboard primary soundcard - Realtek.

Here is the beginning of my story as initially I thought that it's RC problem

http://www.avsim.com/topic/476832-the-voices-of-both-pilot-co-pilot-and-controllers-are-lost-occassionally/#entry3314426

Thanks for your help

• Upvote 1

More details.

While at P3D, both NGX and FS2Crew uses G930 headset and related driver, while RC4.3, LiveATC and YouTube are using default Win Audio driver (Realtek) that I cannot hear as G930 suppress it. I have fresh W7 installation and probably something has been missed from configuration, but I don't know what exactly.

UPDATE2

I disabled Realtek driver, leaving just G930 active and I still hear only P3D, Reboot. RC4.3 is heard partially as it wants to use default WIN driver. Somehow, my headset doesn't want to communicate with default driver when the headset is ALREADY communicating with P3D and its exernal programs.

Yes, there is a definite problem with Logitech G930 USB headset. Terrific sound quality, but very bad implementation. Simply speaking - i can hear only those sounds that are "inside" of P3D, including FS2Crew that is an internal program. Everything that is on external part (RC4.3, PROATC, ASN) including public audio streams (Youtube, LiveATC) is blocked by G930 and moved over to default Win Realtec Controller that isn't linked with G930 headset and I believe there is no way to put two audio controllers on a single audio output (G930).

I tested my theory with analog headset (mean standard audiojack) and everything is working fine now, including P3D, FS2Crew, RC and LiveATC. Therefore, I'm on a hunt for good-quality analogue headset with Dolby Surround that works with standard Win drivers and does not require its own software and drivers as G930 does. Suggestion would be very welcome.

So, the problem is "solved" if one could say so.

Thanks for your attention.  

I tested my theory with analog headset (mean standard audiojack) and everything is working fine now, including P3D, FS2Crew, RC and LiveATC. Therefore, I'm on a hunt for good-quality analogue headset with Dolby Surround that works with standard Win drivers and does not require its own software and drivers as G930 does. Suggestion would be very welcome.

So, the problem is "solved" if one could say so.

Thanks for your attention.  

Dolby surround is over kill, and the more fancy and complex the headset, the greater the chance of something going wrong.

Following the KISS principle, I use a MIcrosoft headset (USB), cost around $20 or so.

0 problems with it.

Yeah...Realtek driver for speakers isn't working ...not since I moved to win 10... Setting P3d to USB headset doesn't direct sound there....setting to sound to Windows default(USB headset) messes up as well...unless I restart P3d....totally confused....but I am NOT getting rid of my Charlie Clarks!

...spent too much time putting the guts of my Plantronics 780s in there....grrrrrrr

But this sounds like....familiar....

Crap!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I'd contact Realtek support and ask them about Windows 10.

But I use Win 10 with Realtek drivers.  No issues for me.

yep after checking out the "open circuit betwixt brain and fingertip" probabilities.....grin..

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2