Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Tasmania 2

Ron,

I believe Bryan's paint is stock?? Maybe Title=RealAir Beech Duke V2 N2889W ??? I hoping it is, I also aliased his entry to anther [fltsim.X] using the same paint but using the title he provided, hopefully it works.

Another thing... I took the Executive out for a run to make sure i could get out of some of these airports. (Getting in = no problem) Well I got that nasty winter snow effect that won't quit.  You know the one that is like dust but for snow covered runways?? What is the name of that bugger?? I'd like to quash it. - Anyone remember?

Edit - Think I found em..I quashed these by renaming them to "dot" OFF. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

fx_SnowEngineWash.fx

fx_SnowEngineWash_f1.fx

fx_WheelSnowSpray.fx

EDIT - Again. The ones in red are the offending culprits.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks Roman.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

What's to say? Ten pilots, terrific flight. Minimal injuries incurred. Cheers Roger. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Rest assured, the blue Kodiak is indeed stock and is part of the overall package from Lionheart Creations.  However, I believe this paint scheme must be added to the aircraft.cfg file manually.  The paint scheme itself can be found in the Lionheart folder, I believe, as the installer doesn't install the complete complement of paints/variants.

Glad to see everyone survived those night landings.  Some true white-knuckle encounters there, methinks!  :P

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

ROGER! - Thanks again for another EPIC flight, Absolutely Brilliant!

Just over 6 rolls of 36 exposure film was used. Of the 223 shots taken 109 of them were bad due to my script  (now fixed) taking pictures of the GPS. :-( Of the remaining 114 good shots, many were incorporated into animated .gifs reducing them into 8 bit color. Quality suffers but you'll get the "picture". - HA  :dance:

Bert - Just finished up getting the brakes fixed.

An understatement! If the pucks on your machine weren't up to snuff it'll end up being a long evening.

Men at Work - October, 1981

Traveling in a fried-out Kombi
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said...

Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

... ... ...

I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover
Yeah

"The" lineup at Wynyard (YWYY). (from upper right, downwards, then upwards on the left side) Bert in the F33 Bonanza; Nick in the illegal, unregistered, rum running, stealthy Pilatus PC-6; Josh in the C182; Ron in his C182; Jeff, in a hurry escaping from the shot, in his, yet unwashed, C182; Mike in his, rather worn, C182; Myself in the Spartan Executive; and finally, the "evil man with the plan", Roger in his C172. Stew & Bryan would show up later, after some sim/TS problems being resolved in their (respectively) Quest Kodiak & Beech Duke.

SS_24Oct15_130832.jpg

Plan diversion... Myself passing Josh to reach Roger and head back to Burnie Burnie to see the "brilliant" scenery. "Oooh Ahhh - Look at those cranes!" was said by all. Off to Cradle Mountain (YZCM).

SS_24Oct15_130835.gif

The first, of many, introductions to the rather short fields requiring stall speeds and good braking. Bert on his way to look for the elusive Bandicoot.

SS_24Oct15_132638.gif

Mike showing us how it's done. @ Cradle Mountain (YZCM).

SS_24Oct15_132749.gif

Some fun being had at Cradle Mountain. Roger is coming in while Ron sneaks up stealthily, landing on rwy 19L. HA! :Silly:
 Nick & Bryan on short approach. IIRC Ron came in too fast and took a tour on the nature trail.

SS_24Oct15_132833.gif

Nick planting it...

SS_24Oct15_132925.jpg

Bryan hard on the binders, nearing the end of the field. He made it.

SS_24Oct15_132944.jpg

No there Ms. Georgia, those are not static aircraft. A busy place.

SS_24Oct15_133445.jpg

Not busy any more. Me leaving Cradle Mountain as tail end Charlie. The locals were overheard on the radio - "What the heck just happened?"

SS_24Oct15_133915.jpg

At Ford Creek (YZFC) -
1. Bert coming in.. Xmitting - "Too fast! Going around! What kind of airstrip is this?!"
2. Mike showing how it's done going over the top of Stew. He came in from the, not preferred, South.
3. Josh finding the elusive Bandicoot. "I got him!"
4. Bert getting it down nicely on his second try.

SS_24Oct15_135324.gif

Nick using only 1/3rd of the postage stamp sized airstrip. "I have to throttle up to get up the hill!"

SS_24Oct15_135910.jpg

Mike, Nick and Stew leaving Ford Creek with authority. Stew with full up elevator authority.. IIRC someone didn't make it. Vultures circling picking up the remains of the previous landings.

SS_24Oct15_140340.gif

Mike coming in at Strahan (YSRN) - Just over the trees, Nice!

SS_24Oct15_141925.gif

Josh redeeming himself with a very nice landing.

SS_24Oct15_142116.gif

Nick just about to touch down in his unregistered "Rum Runner".. Shh.. Don't tell anyone he's here!

SS_24Oct15_142221.jpg

Jeff touching down with nary a puff. Passing Mike & myself waiting patiently for the rest.

SS_24Oct15_142253.jpg

"The" group at Strahan sans Jeff. He just would not keep still for a picture! LOL!   :blink:
  (Towards Aft) Bert, Myself, Mike, Bryan, Roger, Nick Josh, Stew & finally, Ron.

SS_24Oct15_142440.jpg

Leaving Strahan I departed the group for some sight-seeing. Headed South to view the river delta east of the Teepookana Reserve & after meeting back up with the group for a touch 'n go at Queenstown (YQNS, The sun is going down, rapidly.) went south the view the Darwin Dam on Lake Burbury.

SS_24Oct15_142746.gif

Jeff, Bert, Nick & Ron pulling off some nice landings at the difficult Mount King William III uphill strip. (YZKW) "Ooohs & Aaahs" being broadcasted on frequency.

SS_24Oct15_145029.gif

Leaving YZKW for Waddamma (YWDM) climbing over Mike trying to get there first for a good parking spot.

SS_24Oct15_145729.jpg

Need to really pour it on! I got UFOs following me! - Kept quiet about it on the radio.

SS_24Oct15_145758.jpg

SS_24Oct15_145759.gif

Bryan, Bert, Jeff, Ron & Stew landing at Waddamma (YWDM) - all nice!

SS_24Oct15_150500.gif

Nick, in his stealthy, black colored PC-6, ghosting Mike coming into Waddamma.. Sneaky Tasmanian Devil!

SS_24Oct15_150624.gif

Ron, reaching the top of the hill.. No Parking to be had.

SS_24Oct15_150849.jpg

Stew, taxiing uphill after his turn off. Our lights at the top of the hill brightening up the horizon.

SS_24Oct15_150933.jpg

Bert coming in at Interlaken Private Strip (YZIL). "I dont see.....There it is!" - Nice.

SS_24Oct15_151840.gif

Josh really had a bad day.. Completely missed the turn as "Turn right!" was yelled over the radio. He did a good job missing the cow pen. Manure all over his crash would've been even more of an insult to injury.

SS_24Oct15_151920.gif

Bryan looking real good coming in.

SS_24Oct15_151950.jpg

Mike touching down with a couple of UFOs following him.

SS_24Oct15_152015.jpg

The meeting of the minds.. We will cure the world's ailments. "Hey! Look how big that glider and Cub are! Things are really bigger in Tazmania rather than Texas...

SS_24Oct15_152643.gif

Enough procrastinating. Guess I can go rake leaves now.   :Phbbbt:  UGGH!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Great pictures Roman, thanks for taking the time to post them all!

Even if you were putting off the yardwork :Tounge:

Wonderful!  Great job and effort to compile all this.  Thanks.

After the flight yesterday, since I have a moderate flu anyway and was just staying put all day, updated the AFCADs info, went over to OZx which I had not been to in over a year, and saw and downloaded some 30 or so more new airports uploaded over there, also found out my freeware YMLT was out of date and there was a new version along with YRED Redcliffe.  Both Orbx freewares, while installed Central V2 was not advising me that there are updates...so my OZX world is fully updated again....and PlanG and FSCommander are showing the smaller airstrips, YEAH!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

thanks again for a great flight with excellent banter & laughs along the way,

superb pictures roman,

regards..

Great pix, Roman.  Thanks for all your hard work.  Now where is that bottle of red we were promised?  Hmmm.... :Party:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"