Sign in to follow this  
krono

Orbx Hybrid

Hi Pero

Your new v2.7.0 is a definite winner. Thanks for looking at the bug in Jumpastart in the southern hemisphere.

I would just like to note that at the moment I cannot find anywhere in the options in the Orbx tab to enable "hybrid" mode. This is a fairly important option when using any Orbx scenery and I was wondering if you could implement it at a later date. At he moment to either turn hybrid on or off you have to go into Orbxs FTX central and do it manually which seems to kill the whloe idea of being able to adjust your regions within SimStarter.

Thanks for your time

Ken

Thank you.

Yes a good open point. I am asking for the "hybrid" switch as well. HD Trees and others could be other options that are important.

See:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/96242-command-line-options/?hl=+command-line%20+options

Usually they are responsive so I hope to get an answer soon

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Hi Pero

I didnt realise you were going through Orbx forums. If you look at this

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102745-switching-active-region-silently-in-batch-mode/?hl=%2Bhybrid+%2Bcommand

an answer from Ben McClintock

you will find the command lines you are looking for

Here are the major arguments available for FTX Central v2:

• /nogui
    This will make FTX Central v2 terminate as soon as it has finished changing the group.

• /sim:<sim_name>
    This chooses the simulator that the change will be applied to. At the moment, the available sim_name's are: fsx, p3dv1 and p3dv2. If you do not enter a name, then a dialog will appear asking you to choose a simulator (unless you only have 1 sim installed).

This command could also be useful if want to launch FTX Central v2 into a certain simulator mode without having the dialog box appear. (i.e. if you want a "FTXC (FSX)" or "FTXC (P3D)"  shortcut on your desktop.

• /apply:<group_name>
    This will apply a group as soon as FTX Central v2 has started.

The current group_name options are:
    ftx_off (Default - don't use this if you have FTX Global),
    northamerica (North America),
    australia (Oceania), 
    global_base (FTX Global),
    global_hybrid (FTX Global with Hybrid Mode) and
    europe (Europe).

Examples

• Start FTXC in P3Dv2 mode:
    "%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /sim:p3dv2

• Start FTXC in FSX mode, apply the North American group, then close:
    "%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /sim:fsx /apply:northamerica /nogui

• Start FTXC in P3Dv2 mode, apply FTX Global with hybrid, then close:
    "%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /sim:p3dv2 /apply:global_hybrid /nogui

Ken

Hi Pero

I have been looking at the scripts above and it looks like the apply global-hybrid is not working as yet. Sorry to have jumped the gun so to speak.

Ken

Thank you very much.

Hello,

I am taking a look at your SimStarter which gets a lot of good apraisals !

I will give it a try  !

One question about ORBX and Vector. I see, and like it, that you can manage the region change in FTX Central v2.

But one of the burdains associated with it, is the corresponding AEC profile to Apply, using Vector Configurator !

I have (and maintain) profiles for each configuration each time I update sceneries.

Does SIMStarter take care of it or should I launch Vector Configurator independently ?

Cheers - Gérard

SIMstarter will not handle Vector configuration at the moment. You can add Vector to your SIMstarter RunSet and tick the checkbox "Pause after program start". That allows you to start a program, do you configuration and continue the profile start after pressing "ok" in SIMstarter.

Please let me know if that works for you.

I will follow your advice.

Anyway, that's much better than before !

Thanks - Gérard