Sign in to follow this  
smoothchat

HS Button seems ineffective

Hello everyone.

I don't seem to notice any difference when I enable or disable the HS button (NGX Reboot 1.1). 

I am wondering which sounds this switch is supposed to redirect to either my headset or the primary output device?  

All FS2Crew sounds seem to still go to my headset. (With the P3D background and engines sounds going to my priimary speakers as set in the p3d 'primary playback device' sound settings)

Any info would satisfy my curiosity.  Thanks.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Assuming you have the HS audio device selected on the FS2Crew audio setup panel, and you have HS pressed on the Main Panel, most (but not all) of the FO audio should be routed to your headset.

Most of the non FO audio should go through your speakers.

In your case, check your audio setup in the Windows Control panel.  Something is crossed somewhere.

Best,

Thanks Brian,

Yes.

Much of the audio goes thru the headset (Voice etc, with engine sound and P3D environment going to the main speakers), but unchecking HS seems to make no difference.

I would think that de-selecting HS would have ALL sound go to the speakers eg. so a friend can hear whats going on.  I must be mistaken.

I'm running P3Dv3 on Win7 x64.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

If you de-select HS, all audio should go to your speakers.  It's not doing that for you?

I just tested it, and it deselecting HS results in the audio going to Main speakers as it should.

So I'm not sure what's happening in your case.

Hmm, 

I am using a Logitech USB headset.

I have set the P3D Primary Playback device to my main speakers (Voice Playback and Capture to the default communications)

In Fs2crew I have set the audio device to the Headset.

Using the HS button makes no difference.

Changing the audio device in the FS2Crew Secondary panel makes no difference (even after resetting the audio)

Luckily it all works as it should by default, so I can live with it.  It would have been an issue if it was the other way around ;-)

I’m having a similar problem. Checklist comes through on my headphones but FA sounds are still coming through on my speakers with the HS button selected 

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved