Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Flight1 UTX Products in P3D

I own UTX 2.0 USA which was made for Prepar3D but I really would like to give the rest of the planet a face lift also, particularly the Tropics and Mexico as Southwest is now flying there more frequently.    I see they have a nice looking UTX Tropics product but I am wondering if it can be put into Prepar3D successfully?   I can't seem to find an answer on their official forums.   Anyone install any of the FSX only UTX products in any version of P3D?   I have the migration software which is now V3.0 aware and quite capable of shoving FSX products into P3D v3.0 (much to the groaning tears of LM and their fanatic knights of righteousness  :P  )).   I just want to be sure it will work before I pull the trigger on 35 bucks.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hi Capt K-Man 

This is not an answer to your question, so sorry for hijacking the post, but when can we see some more tutorials on scenery design, specifically the airport scenery tuts you currently have going on YouTube. I'm following that with great interest. I'm especially looking forward to the airport lighting tutorial for P3D.

Kind Regards

I own UTX 2.0 USA which was made for Prepar3D but I really would like to give the rest of the planet a face lift also, particularly the Tropics and Mexico as Southwest is now flying there more frequently.    I see they have a nice looking UTX Tropics product but I am wondering if it can be put into Prepar3D successfully?   I can't seem to find an answer on their official forums.   Anyone install any of the FSX only UTX products in any version of P3D?   I have the migration software which is now V3.0 aware and quite capable of shoving FSX products into P3D v3.0 (much to the groaning tears of LM and their fanatic knights of righteousness   :P  )).   I just want to be sure it will work before I pull the trigger on 35 bucks.

I think you need to wait for true v3 installers - you can try but this product really shouldnt be forced in - to much going on

Rich Sennett

I put Canada v1.0 into P3D v2.4 with a lot of fiddling around. I'm not sure though, that it entirely worked. I did see it working around Niagara Falls.  So...hit and miss...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the decision to end with ORBX Vector (after viewing the non-event of the v1.30 patch) and will only use it for areas not covered by any UTX region. (South America, etc).  Just installed UTX Europe v2.1 into both FSX-Boxed and P3D v2.4...and it looks great alongside ORBX OpenLC Europe v.(latest version).

Very happy with the view..and now have to set it up with Nick N's recommendations, that I already have in place for UTX USA, UTX Canada, UTX Tropics.

Once more, a happy vector data 'camper'.... :)

Good luck with placing the UTX Tropics into P3D whatever.  Let us know if you were successful!  (I have this for FSX and it adds much to the islands...).  I would love Scenery Solutions to re-wrap this also for P3D v.(x) injection.  That would be great....

All UTX2 work on P3D V3.

You can find all the informations on their forum.

I installed them.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

All UTX2 work on P3D V3.

You can find all the informations on their forum.

I installed them.

Yves

Very true, but Brian was specifically inquiring about UTX Tropics which has not been released in a version 2... :wink:

WAT1460.png

Very true, but Brian was specifically inquiring about UTX Tropics which has not been released in a version 2... :wink:

Exactly Carlo - I know of the v3 versions that are released now - I would wait for v3 installers on this folks 

Rich Sennett

The official V3 installer is expected November 2015

It will not install properly using the migration tool

*IF* you know what you are doing you can manually install it in V3 - please do not ask for instructions in the Avsim forums.

Bite the bullet and wait for the official installer - you will be better off in the long run.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

November it is!   Thanks for the responses everyone!    Oh Mexico.. how hideous you look without good landclass data.  T_T   We just have a wait a little longer!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hi Capt K-Man 

This is not an answer to your question, so sorry for hijacking the post, but when can we see some more tutorials on scenery design, specifically the airport scenery tuts you currently have going on YouTube. I'm following that with great interest. I'm especially looking forward to the airport lighting tutorial for P3D.

Kind Regards

Well I released one just last week.. kind of an alternative to the part 2 video I did.   I just switched over to v3.0 and some of my tools are broken like Instant Scenery 3 from Flight1.  It is not ready for usage yet.   As soon as that is back online I can finish up the tutorial and get the lighting going around the airport.   Night lighting is one of the trickiest things to get right and there are a couple of methods I know of to do it so I'll get that going as soon as I can.  I've been a total slacker!  Too busy flying instead of teaching!  XD

100454.png

Brian Navy