Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Flightbeam KSFO HD - no buildings in P3D v3

Hi.

I recently downloaded the trial to the new Flightbeam scenery KSFO HD, and found that when loading the scenery that there were no buldings present. Only jetways etc. Some quick googleing revealed that this is a common problem and is most likely related to antivirus program that detects couatl and addon manager as spyware. 

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2130

However, it happens to be that I don't own any virus programs (yet), so I don't know whats causing the issue. I also checked my firewall settings and neither couatl nor addon manager are blocked somehow. I had to reinstall addon manager though to get it working again.

Any ideas? I just downloaded the trial off their website and even it says ksfohd_fsx setup, it detects P3D 3.x and installs there.

EDIT: Could Windows Defender have anything to do with it?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi,

maybe you want to check if your exe.xml and dll.xml entries are connect

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=12680.new;topicseen#new

This is Fsdreamteam, but they use the same addon manager.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Download the Addon Manager from fsdreamteam and install and see if that helps.

Sean Green

It also can be.

Its down to time also I think, you only get 10 mins, I could be wrong. If I activate it within v3, I still need to close and restart v3 for it to show or you get just what you see. You might be out of time now anyway.

Its state of the art KSFO HD, FPS are great VAS is great.

Like above make sure you have addon manager installed.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi,

Installing the latest standalone addon manager will fix the no buildings issue every time, it seems the protection scheme used by this company gets fouled up every now and then when installing other products that use this same scheme. It's happened to me so many times, it's now second nature to re-download and install the standalone addon manager.

It's getting to the point where I'm sick and tired of having to download and reinstall this addon manager after every product install, ALL products that use this protection scheme will no longer be used and/or purchased. How long has this issue been going on now?... Years and the issue still exists.

I will miss out on some really nice addons, but I've just about had it with this protection scheme, one that hinders the buyer and yet does little to stop piracy. I get the reason behind it, but it just doesn't work right for the customer. When you start losing legitimate paying customers over your protection scheme, you have a problem that needs to be addressed or live with the fact that your company IS losing money as a result of that scheme and in the small niche market... Companies can use every customer they can get.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Michael to be fair its a 2 min job at best and if it stops pirates then once in a month DL and installing the addon manager is time well spent.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi,

It's happened to me so many times, it's now second nature to re-download and install the standalone addon manager.

It's getting to the point where I'm sick and tired of having to download and reinstall this addon manager after every product install, ALL products that use this protection scheme will no longer be used and/or purchased. How long has this issue been going on now?... Years and the issue still exists.....

would you by any chance be using Eset Smart Security?

And if you fly the GTN 750, you will notice that Flight1 has Themida Running ...and, if you are trying to diagnose FSX/P3d problems with Procmon.exe Themida will say, hODuFDY.jpg

In other words Themida won't even let you run your simulator until you shut down Procmon.exe.

Talk about abusive intrusivity! Now, even with Procmon begrudgingly dismissed, my Eset Smart Security quarantines the GTN750 .dll...\/\/TF????

Screwed if you do and abused if you don't!!!

So are we talking about protection here? Or paranoid intrusivity?;

and on whose side?

and to what degree are we/they willing to go to protect our/them...selves ?

...Or is this just the world we live in...modern, every-day over-zealous...paranoid?... protectionism?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Well I downloaded the addon manager again but reinstalling that did not help. However, I found that windows defender actually messes something up because after turning it off, everything worked perfectly, couatl and addon manager. Sow now I just have to make exceptions for these.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The buildings will not appear if couatl is not running. Your dll.xml must include Add On Manager which launches bglmanx.dll, and your exe.xml must include Couatl which launches couatl.exe.

If couatl is not running none of the FSDT or Flightbeam sceneries will have buildings, just smudges on the pavement where the buildings belong. I would love to ban couatl from my system but such as it is it is required.

Dan Downs KCRP

The buildings will not appear if couatl is not running. Your dll.xml must include Add On Manager which launches bglmanx.dll, and your exe.xml must include Couatl which launches couatl.exe.

If couatl is not running none of the FSDT or Flightbeam sceneries will have buildings, just smudges on the pavement where the buildings belong. I would love to ban couatl from my system but such as it is it is required.

Yes I had to make an exeption for bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe in Windows Defender to make it work...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth