Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Mesh in P3D v3

Anyone know if the FSGenisis mesh will install?

I have a shed load of it!

If the installers will let you point the install to a folder other than FSX then it will be fine.

Just create a folder on your system such as FSGenesis\Scenery\ and install it there.

Afterwards just add the FSGenesis\Scenery\ folder to your scenery.cfg

Anyone know if the FSGenisis mesh will install?

I have a shed load of it!

Yes, as Glynn said, just point the installers anywhere and then add them in your P3Dv3 scenery library like any other scenery.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Magic! Thanks guys

What about the file structure though guys?

FSG wants to install to places like scenery/world etc

Should i just pile EVERYTHING into one scenery folder and activate that?

Magic! Thanks guys

What about the file structure though guys?

FSG wants to install to places like scenery/world etc

Should i just pile EVERYTHING into one scenery folder and activate that?

It's been a while since I installed this, but I think you can change the path still, can't you?  Do you have the latest installers?  I know in the past the automated installers just put everything in scenery/world, but I believe that's been changed.  Could be wrong though.  Like I said, it's been a while since I installed mine.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

The installers I have must be a 'mixed bunch'.  Some want to use 'Addon Scenery' while others use scenery/world. I think the world directory in FSX is always the highest priority. If the same applies to p3d then i guess everything in there would work.

I'll backup and try that i think.......

Is this compatible with ORBX regions, or no need to add if you have regions installed?

No need to add for flying within regions as Orbx regions contain their own mesh.  Once you leave an Orbx region though, that is when you'd use 3rd part mesh like FSGenesis.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

I actually have yet to install any addon mesh into v3. I find the implementation of shadows and obscured lighting do a better job of suggesting landscapes than the actual mesh.

In the real world the action of man is to flatten the landscape, then build on it. Autogen looks odd when sloped heavily - typically because you can't normally see it from the widow of a real plane anyway !

While addon mesh adds extra `bumps`, I'm not so sure that the sim needs them any more - at least away from the truly mountainous regions, which is a different case. It also handily avoids all issues of plateaux and troughs, which I find increasingly distracting, even with tools designed to reduce their impact. Also saves the fps impact and allows for higher tessellation settings before the stutters set in. And for more and better shadowing - the way tree autogen casts shadows across a roadway is a far better indication of a cutting than an actual cutting from a few thou up, for example:

I would certainly only install mesh in such a way as to be able to remove it easily.  :Raised Eyebrow: