Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

The Alabeo C404 Titan for X-Plane

Haven't heard of this phenomenon before... but let's say just for argument's sake, would you be willing to remove some folders from your "custom avionics" folder temporarily, and see if that makes a difference?  (You can actually simply create a subfolder in your "Custom Avionics" folder, and call it "unused", and temporarily place the following items in there, just to get them out of the calculation loop):

-A_Popup

-A_Popup_2D

-A_TabSys

-C_Popup

-C_Popup_2D

-C_TabSys

-O_Popup

-O_Popup_2D

-O_TabSys

I'm wondering whether these might be causing problems on some systems.  Specifically, what I'm looking for is, if you notice slowdown over time, even with these folders removed. (They're the ones that give you the pop-up menus, so you'll be without those for the duration of the test).

is Alabeo somehow connected to Carenado? I am extremely happy with every aircraft I bought from the latter, and 404 seems to fit perfectly as twin-props are my favourite. So I could give it a go but can't find any decent review of it  : (

is Alabeo somehow connected to Carenado?

Alabeo is Careando's little sister.   First came Carenado then came Alabeo 

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your suggestion on removing some files, I'll try that later at home, I remember when I power on avionics I lose frames, power off and recover the frames, not sure is this is related to your suggestions. Another thing, is it possible for the next update to make the plane load with all cockpit lights turned off and the radar screen not showing the rainbow test pattern please? (when load the plane in engines running mode).

Many thanks,

Alexander Colka

OK, that'll be reflected for the next release (lights, and test pattern).

I've also now put a switch in place to turn off all the lights when the plane starts from cold and dark.  

Dan,

Did what you suggested, removed the folders you mentioned from custom avionics to the unused folder (was already there created) and the results were worst, less frames and now the pilots are shown in VC view, so returned the folders to the original location. BTW many thanks for the lights fix for the next update.

Alexander Colka

Ah yes: because one of those folders contains the instructions to hide the pilots when sitting in the pilot's seat.  But you say you got LESS frames... that's strange.

Well, at any rate, we're looking into this.

Ah yes: because one of those folders contains the instructions to hide the pilots when sitting in the pilot's seat.  But you say you got LESS frames... that's strange.

Well, at any rate, we're looking into this.

Hey!

Could you tell me which folder/file does that? 

I kind of like the idea of seeing pilot and co-pilot in VC view.

Thanks in advance.

Saw this on the org today.  Going to be hard to resist, but I've told my wallet it could have a break this month.

We'll see how that goes. :smile:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.