Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

The Alabeo C404 Titan for X-Plane

Is that plane like a fly on the wall? Nobody comment about that plane yet, is it good? Very tempted.

Alexander Colka

It does look nice indeed.  I wasn't aware it had been released, to be honest.

Not sure if it's in the budget for me though.

But on the other hand, it'd be nice to fly in FSE.... hmmmm...

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'd prefer them to fix bugs on existing Carenado planes before porting more over the X-Plane plataform, like the PC12 (serious lighting issues HSI).

Torfi

I likely will look a lot closer at it once it hits the org.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'd prefer them to fix bugs on existing Carenado planes before porting more over the X-Plane plataform, like the PC12 (serious lighting issues HSI).

I keep hearing vague reports of stuff amiss with the HSI, but as of yet (and it's been a while since this plane was published), there has been no serious attempt by anyone experiencing this problem, to narrow it down to a reproducible scenario that I can actually tackle and fix.  As long as that doesn't happen, I don't consider there to be any serious lighting issues, unless we're dealing with isolated cases, where the problem may be related to something completely unrelated.  

Hi all,

I haven't had much time to fly the C404, but four observations...

1) When the batt is turned on, most / not all of the interior panel lights already on (The sliders above the throttle quad for example)  instead of completely dark as I load always cold and dark situations. No big deal on that front.

2) The aircraft seems a bit squrllly trying to keep trimmed on descent, when I lower and or raise the throttle....unless this is the way this aircraft behaves. never flown in RL. Again, haven't spent more then a few minutes with her as I had to close the sim due to other obligations, so I may be off a bit here, so please forgive me if so.

Carenado's Caravan used to have a similar issue in FSX a long time ago when first released.   

3) The engine RPM gauge for L /R are reversed. (Right needle reacts to left engine and Left needle reacts to Right engine etc..) 

4) Also, the prop sync switch is on by default when the plane is loaded. Not sure if this is even modeled, but never the less.

I think the plane is really nice otherwise. The only couple of nagging things for me is the reversed engine RPM gauge and the reaction to throttle movements.

I hope to get a nice flight in this evening to put her through the paces.

Best, Jeff

• Upvote 1

I keep hearing vague reports of stuff amiss with the HSI, but as of yet (and it's been a while since this plane was published), there has been no serious attempt by anyone experiencing this problem, to narrow it down to a reproducible scenario that I can actually tackle and fix.  As long as that doesn't happen, I don't consider there to be any serious lighting issues, unless we're dealing with isolated cases, where the problem may be related to something completely unrelated.  

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=84564&page=30#entry959825

Post #299

Torfi

Correction on my earlier post

3) The engine RPM gauge for L /R are reversed. (Right needle reacts to left engine and Left needle reacts to Right engine etc..)  

It's the Manifold Pressure Gauge! Sorry :-(

Anyway, If i get a flight in tonight , I'll report back. Sure others will chime in eventually. 

Best, Jeff

Thanks Dan!

You are truly outstanding in the community keeping us informed and handling service.  :-)

Best, Jeff

I love this plane in FSX. I might buy it again.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This plane is a real pleasure to fly however I don't understand why eat more frames than usual in my case compared to other contemporary Alabeo/Carenado planes.

Alexander Colka

I find this plane extremely heavy on my system as well Alexander. I thought it was just me....it gets worse after time as well. It's strange that I get much better performance with the 777pro / A330 heavies etc... We'll have to wait and see what develops. Love the plane otherwise.

Best, Jeff