Sign in to follow this  
Slowhand

Still small stutters?

Gentleman,

I recently installed TileProxy 8 Beta succesfully without problems. I choosed the 1.1meter resolution option and TP runs fine, except for one thing: small stutters!

I found out that the small stutters happen when Tileproxy is preloading while flying. When I stop the preloading window with a Ctrl-C, it runs as smooth as silk. But with proloading on, it continuesly has small stutters. I tried to lower my FPS from 30 to 20 and it helped a bit, but not enough. I'm looking for the real solution.

My old system has an Intel Q9300 (4 cores) 2.5Hhz CPU overclocked to 3Mhz, 4Mb RAM, Vista32 SP2, FSX SP2, and a ATI HD7850 2Gb graphics card.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? And was it solved?

Thanks,

Ryzen5-2400G/RTX2080/RAM16Gb

Just updated to TileProxy R086 and have my FPS set to unlimited. It looks better now. :smile:

Can't say it is solved yet. Too much blurry tiles. To solve this I limited my FPS down to 15FPS and have my FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION set to 1 according the advice of the manual. Results in better loading of tiles, sometimes up to 1900/sec. So there should be no pain there.

But my stutters seem to be related to the loading of tiles by TP. When it loads, my system stutters. :fool:

Anyone?

Hi Slowhand,

Did you check your CPU usage while running FSX with Tile Proxy? I had the same problem & got around it by making sure FSX was using all the cores & disabling core parking - both can be done using using Process Lasso. Also if you have hyperthreading - use it. For the blurries I set FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION to 2.33 & use FSPS FSX Booster 2013 everything became crystal clear!

Regards,

Ian

Thanks Ian,

My cores are controlled better now as well as my FFTF settings, although without the tweaks you suggested. I'm trying the FSPS FSX Fiber Accelarator demo and everything looks much smoother. Good thing to point me to the FFTF issue. Thanks.