Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

MS FSX Devs making a Combat Space Simulator

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape

I-Novae Studios is a small independent game studio building cutting edge technology that allows us to create amazing new gameplay experiences. Our team consists of virtual reality and game industry veterans who've worked on games including Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Unreal Tournament 3, Microsoft Flight Simulator 10, and Forza Motorsports 2.

https://youtu.be/TJqkiNAuBrw

:dance:  :shok:

Infinity: Battlescape is a multiplayer space sim involving hundreds of players split across three competing corporations of the Starfold Confederacy fighting for control of a procedurally generated, true to scale solar system filled with planets, moons, asteroid belts, and other celestial phenomenon. Seamless planetary transitions will bring combat from deep space to the surface of alien worlds. The primary goal will be to destroy your enemies and their infrastructure through orbital bombardment from capital ships and/or an array of smaller spacecraft including bombers, interceptors, and corvettes.

• Engage 100's of players in epic space battles involving everything from small, nimble interceptors up to immense, powerful capital ships
  • Seamless interplanetary warfare across a procedurally generated, true to scale solar system
  • No loading screens! (except when the game first starts)
  • Jaw dropping visuals allow you to experience alien worlds in a way you previously could only dream of
  • Newtonian physics with different flight models for atmosphere and space
  • Offline sandbox mode for exploring and trying out different ship/weapon combinations
  • Windows PC
  • Community oriented focus with support for modding

Hmmm.... a multiplayer space combat sim.... where have I heard about one of those before?

Not trying to say anything negative about their entry into that arena, they indeed have some decent collective experience behind them, and I do wish them all the best for their kickstarter, but I would imagine that it's starting to get a bit crowded in that genre.

I say that as someone with a foot in all camps, having bought in very, very early to SC, as well as owning Elite and eagerly anticipating No Mans Sky.  I'd likely be interested in looking at this one on release, but not really that interested in backing it.

Besides, StarCitizen ate all the moneys! :wink:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I was just posting about this (on another site) last night. The thing that strikes me most of all, is that I've been following this project for quite a long time, (years) and more than once assumed it was dead. The recent reawakening, and very energetic lunge forwards by the developers was surprising to me, and the super-accelerated progress compared to all the years before is startling.

All the best to them!

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well, after just a bit over a day on Kickstarter, they are approaching $100,000 dollars https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/309114309/infinity-battlescape?ref=nav_search

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I was talking with a friend of mine who is involved with this project. It definitely seems to be a revolutionary technology that could be used to create an entire ultra HD earth for Flight Sim. Combine this with some great weather engines and the fantastic developers we have today, we could have ourselves an awesome product.....

Well, with 6 days remaining they are $260,000 into their $300,000 goal. Looks like it will be really close.

Devons rig

A couple of days left, but the kickstarter goal has already been met and exceeded, with more than $30,000 just in The last two days.

Good job.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

A couple of days left, but the kickstarter goal has already been met and exceeded, with more than $30,000 just in The last two days.

Good job.

great news :Party:

The Kickstarter has ended: Goal was $300,000 Final total was....

Successfully raised $332,621 USD with 5,828 backers

Devons rig

...Microsoft Flight Simulator 10...

Really?

I'm happy for them. I wish them the best. Of course, there's a ton of space simulation games out there, but I will definitely check this one out.

It's really sad that the ACES team had to scrap Flight Simulator 11 due to Micro$oft's horrible decision. They were a great team of people. 

Really?

Yes...?

What decision - that Microsoft thought it was no longer worthwhile?