16ram

850w corsair he psu

Active sky next ut2 20% and those 2 airports

that's it

Settings are midway 1024 textures

Any helping appreciated thanks

Mike

Hi I have tried

But did not really see a detailed explanation of crashes, p3d v3 freeze mid flight

Perhaps I may be looking in wrong forum?

Thanks

Mike

Maybe

When i jump on my PC this weekend I will post a screen shot of error from event viewer that would be more of a help

Maybe

When i jump on my PC this weekend I will post a screen shot of error from event viewer that would be more of a help

Check out the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature) and look at the last section for probable causes of freezes.  There are many causes.  Even a bad power supply unit in your computer can cause this or overheating (just examples, not saying these are the causes but just pushing my point).

An Event Viewer report will give you an idea or clue what caused the freeze if, indeed, there was an event recorded.  Most likely it will state AppHang and those are impossible to pinpoint without a lot of investigations.

My suggestion is to follow the AVSIM CTD Guide as it will give you information on how to investigate your freeze(s).  For instance, will a virgin install of P3Dv3 w/o any addons still create this freeze at mid-flight?  P3Dv3 is like FSX.  It runs great when you first install it. You can even push upward of 200 fps with fsx.  Then, when you start adding addons, things start to go downhill fast.  I had mid-flight freezes just because an AI flight plan could not find an AI to run the flight plan.

To get back to the default, just move the p3d.cfg, scenery.cfg, and any dll.xml or exe.xml to a temporary folder.  The p3d.cfg and scenery.cfg will be rebuilt but not the dll.xml as that does not come with the default P3Dv3.  Of course you won't be able to use your addons like PMDG, ASN, or any FSDT stuff but it will give you a clue, if there is no freeze, that one of your addons is the cause.  P3Dv3 is optimized just like FSX/Acceleration is optimized.  Many of the so-called compatible addons are not.  In addition, many members hear about "tweaks" and things they can do to the P3D.cfg to make their sim run smooth even with max settings.  Instead, these tweaks do the opposite for many as they were not properly employed (wrong settings for their computer setup) and cause a fast depletion of VAS (memory).

If you do not want to totally disable everything in your dll.xml, then the AVSIM CTD Guide provides guidance for disabling individual applications at startup.  This will help identify the product that might be causing the freezes and you can then go to the vendor and ask for a fix.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your very informative information

I will do as suggested

Also my suspicians are leaning towards my temps are a little high running fan speed on default my titans sc

Ill try running the fans on 80% and see if that helps