Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

LOD for the night lights in X-Plane 10

XP has great night lighting; I just wish I could see more of it farther out.

Has anyone figured out a way to increase the visibility of night lights to see them farther out?

IIRC from a previous similar question I've read somewhere. Night lighting LOD is directly mapped to the World Detail Distance setting. I don't believe I've heard any plans for it to have it's own setting assigned.

Wish they would allow night lights out as far as visibility allows - the night lighting the best thing about X-Plane

Also can we change light intensity, bloom,scaling for different types of light?

Install the free plugin Real Terra Haze. It let's you modify lots of things such as the lights (including on your aircraft) as well as the atmosphere and brightness levels. Its a really cool plugin and has changed X-Plane 10 for me.

I do have RTH but was not sure if we could modify settings per light type..i thought it applies the bloom scale and oher factors to all lights