Sign in to follow this  
NMS

Prepar3d v3 crashes after of a few minutes after start. Causew Windows auto-restart

Hi All!
Prepar3d v3 Academic crashes after 2-3 min after aircraft take-off (any aircraft) and causes Windows to restart automatically (NO ADD-ONS!).
After Windows restart, I get the following message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: Blue Screen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800AF70038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
All Display settings are set to the most right position, except: water and bathymetry:High, Cloud distance: 90mi, Traffic: Everything to about 25%.

My Specs are:
CPU Intel i7 4790K (not overclocked)
RAM: 12GB
Video Card: GeForce 980 4GB
OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

This problem appears with P3D v3 ONLY. I also have: P3D v2.5, FSX- Steam, X-Plane 10.41, DCS World, Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight, ARMA III, Silent Hunter 5 and Train Simulator 2016. They all run without any issue!
Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thank you in advance,

Nicholas

Make a backup copy of your prep3r3d.cfg (C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR ID\Application Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) and then delete the file, start P3D ( it will create apristine one, see how you go.

If it works, start increasing or changing things ONE at a time and test...

Jorge

• Upvote 1

As Jorge says, one thing at a time - no way is that rig going to run P3D sliders full right but a Windows restart, as opposed to a sim crash, is a pretty significant event under Win 7 so I'm going to go out on  limb and suggest that something probably isn't quite right in the OS, drivers or hardware front.

Likeliest candidates include graphic card drivers and power supply.

Just a thought: You don't mention it but are you running FSUIPC ? IF so which version ?

Thank you for your quick answers!

My power supply  is a Corsair 850W and, yes. I have FSUIPC v4.947 (free version). I also have the latest drivers installed. The reason that makes me think that there is no problem with my system - although I am not  a computer expert - is that everything else runs without any issue.

I will follow your suggestions and see what happens.

Thank you again,

Nicholas

4.947d is the latest FSUIPC version, including two fixes for P3D V3 crashes. If you haven't got it, get it.

Latest version I can find is 4.947c.   Where do you get d?   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This BSOD is caused by a too high or too low cpu voltage setting.  I know you said your CPU is not overclocked, but check your BIOS and make sure the settings at at the Optimized Default settings.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

- BIOS set to: Optimized Defaults

- Latest drivers installed (already had that done)

- FSUIPC4947d installed

- P3D.cfg deleted

- Settings (almost all of them, except from Traffic) set to MAX, ONE BY ONE

I am testing P3D for an hour now and...

IT WORKS!!!!!! No Crashes, no Blue Screen, no Windows auto-restart!

Thank you all of you who have been as so kind as to help.

Best of regards,

Nicholas