Sign in to follow this  
RocketDuck

SkyMaxx Pro v3 is Out

Just received an email from X-Aviation. Apparently it is out.

Think I'll wait and see how it works with FSGRW.

Anyone willing to be the first? :smile:

Odd. I too received an email, but it said it's due to be released on Friday 23rd.

Edit: That does indeed seem true. You can't complete the order on X-Aviation.com

Gonna pick this up as soon as it is released, mostly because of this;

Vastly increased cloud draw distances!
- 3D volumetric cloud layers adjustable up to 200KM wide

Been flying the JAR320 alot lately because of the new BSS sounds, but I really hate the cloud draw distance. Might as well post the rest of the new stuff, looks to be a real nice upgrade:-) ;

New features in Version 3.0:

New stratiform clouds! Stratus and overcast cloud layers may now be represented by thick, volumetric clouds.
- Extends all the way to the horizon
- Both solid and broken stratiform representations
- Advanced lighting model with real Mie scattering and fogbows!
- Realistic in-cloud effects for convincing IFR landings and takeoffs
- Simulated scud layer
- Real simulation of single, double, and multiple scattering of sunlight and moonlight through the clouds
- Even faster than SkyMaxx Pro v2's clouds!

Vastly increased cloud draw distances!
- 3D volumetric cloud layers adjustable up to 200KM wide
- Uses "dynamically generated imposters" technology to keep frame-rates up
- Convincing high-altitude weather for jetliner pilots

Soft cloud / terrain blending
- Adjustable soft blending of any cloud type with terrain
- Makes for gorgeous ground fog, or clouds surrounding mountaintops!

Improved memory usage and memory management tools
- Clouds now consume less video and system memory
- Real-time video and system memory monitor alerts you when resources get low
- VRAM and RAM usage displayed in the SkyMaxx Pro configuration screen
- VRAM usage reported is the actual usage reported by the video drivers, not an estimate

Integration with SoundMaxx
- Lightning effects in SkyMaxx Pro 3 will trigger 3D positional thunder sound effects when SoundMaxx is installed

Lots of extra polish
- Rendering anomalies with lightning addressed
- Better darkening of clouds as the sun sets
- Cloud layers automatically avoid visually distracting intersections
- Improved appearance of cloud shadows in low-visibility conditions

Highlighted Features
  • Lens Flare
  • Cloud shadows
  • Clouds aloft with wind speed
  • Crepuscular rays
  • Full 3D Clouds
  • Integrates seamlessly with the X-Plane 10 weather menus

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Wonder how to get the upgrade discount from v2?

Edit - Oh, saw this on the forum -

If you are taking advantage of the 50% discount as a version 1 or version 2 customer, you will be receiving an e-mail with a special discount code to use during checkout. This discount will ONLY work once, and it will ONLY work for you

No email yet though...grrrr...!

Double Edit - Found the email in gmail promotions section. Tried to Checkout and it doesn't allow ..

Products marked with *** don't exist in desired quantity because they are not yet released or are not in our stock.

Please alter the quantity of products marked with (***) if you wish to checkout.

Ummm,, double grrr.. LOL

Triple edit.. They confirm Friday... Just have to wait a few more hours....

No e-mails here...last one I got from X-Aviation was from the 20th regarding the all new X-Aviation site...

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

At first I wasn't too excited but after fiddling with some settings in X-plane and downloading the real terra haze plugin....I am now quite excited (not the fault of Sky Max Pro). I really like the way the light interacts with the clouds especially the effect shown in the screenshots when you have a sea of clouds below the aircraft extending to the horizon and you can see the light and shade in each wave of cloud seemingly rendered in real-time. Now that is very cool.

I just hope I won't need a NASA supercomputer to run it like that.

I believe there is a way to turn off X-Plane's "generation" of default clouds (although not seen) when using SlyMaxx. Does anyone know how to do this?

I just hope I won't need a NASA supercomputer to run it like that.

You won't.

I believe there is a way to turn off X-Plane's "generation" of default clouds (although not seen) when using SlyMaxx. Does anyone know how to do this?

SkyMaxx Pro already does this for you.

Founder of X-Aviation

I have a question, in sky maxx pro v2, if I select cloud draw distance maximum, my CPU usage AND GPU usage both go up, and frames lower.

In V3, are the clouds GPU or CPU dependent and is the draw distance feature CPU or GPU dependent?

thanks

Ian

You won't.

SkyMaxx Pro already does this for you.

Looking forward to this Cameron...all Sundog products deliver.....never have been disappointed in any of them...and I totally expect that to continue, tomorrow! :)  I also VERY MUCH appreciate meaningful updates, at no further cost to a purchaser within a series run.  I mean, not just bug fixes, but actual within-series, content updates/new features....  That makes me a patron of X-Aviation and Sundog, for sure....

Looking forward to this Cameron...all Sundog products deliver.....never have been disappointed in any of them...and I totally expect that to continue, tomorrow! :)  I also VERY MUCH appreciate meaningful updates, at no further cost to a purchaser within a series run.  I mean, not just bug fixes, but actual within-series, content updates/new features....  That makes me a patron of X-Aviation and Sundog, for sure....

Thank you, sir!

Founder of X-Aviation

But, is SMP v3 a free upgrade for v2 users ?  I thought it was a new product ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...