Sign in to follow this  
RocketDuck

SkyMaxx Pro v3 is Out

But, is SMP v3 a free upgrade for v2 users ?  I thought it was a new product ?

v2 people get a 50% discount, check your email  :wink:

v1 & v2 customers should have received an email with their 50% off coupon discount code. It works only one time and it only works for the user associated.

new customers to skymaxxpro will have to pay full price.

This is great to me, not many developers offer you a 50% off discount on new major releases :D

Manuel Merelles

I have a question, in sky maxx pro v2, if I select cloud draw distance maximum, my CPU usage AND GPU usage both go up, and frames lower.

In V3, are the clouds GPU or CPU dependent and is the draw distance feature CPU or GPU dependent?

thanks

Ian

Each individual cloud consumes some amount of memory and processing power on both the CPU and GPU. SkyMaxx Pro 3 uses some tricks to reduce the memory usage of distant clouds, enabling us to draw them further than we would be able to otherwise. But they still consume resources - you can't just crank up the cloud draw distance to the maximum setting and expect things to run well if you're low on memory or CPU cycles.

So, the answer to your question is very system dependent - it depends on what resources your computer has, and what other things are competing for them. But in general, I'd say the two things that SkyMaxx Pro is most likely to get limited by are GPU memory and GPU fill rate. It leans on the GPU more than the CPU.

Hope that makes sense.

But, is SMP v3 a free upgrade for v2 users ?  I thought it was a new product ?

It is...a new version, and there is a reduced fee to upgrade to the new version.  What I mean...is that for all v(x) runs...X-Aviation and Sundog, give you true, meaningful content updates, and do not call them a major v-change.  We had great updates in the v2.x run...and look forward to that continuing in v3.x

Ses

Still no e-mail, so guess I'll have to request one, unless I'm just gonna pay the full price...

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Still no e-mail, so guess I'll have to request one, unless I'm just gonna pay the full price...

No email here either and I check my spam folder on a daily basis.

Can the upgrade code be requested manually?

No email here as well.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

No email here as well.

Guys, it's a little baffling to me that you're asking these questions on a site that has nothing to do with the product. Why don't you actually contact support?

Thousands of people have read and received their discount codes already. You need to check your spam/junk/trash folders as well.

Anyways, NO support can be given here for your lack of code issue if you cannot find the e-mail. You know where to go...

Founder of X-Aviation

I contacted X-Aviation support yesterday, and it was fixed withing just a couple of hours:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I contacted X-Aviation support yesterday, and it was fixed withing just a couple of hours:-)

Same here. First class support.