Sign in to follow this  
RocketDuck

SkyMaxx Pro v3 is Out

I also purchased it.

My experience with default settings is good. I get around 26 FPS and that is with the following loaded

• Jar Design A330
  • World Traffic v 2 +/- 400 flight plans loaded
  • Aerosoft EHAM

I have a GTX970 and i72600K @ 4.2GHz

I was getting 30 FPS easy without SkyMaxx pro 3 running so took a small fps hit but it's not bad considering what else I have running.

a330_7.md.png

My clouds are nice and fluffy.  Pulling around 30-31 FPS.  JAR Design A330.

John

John Wingold

Some shots :-)

22383344546_3e82c04e34_o.png

21786587004_f966c51190_o.png

22221347400_d7c108bb08_o.png

22222497239_ebf3543977_o.png

22409297925_ce8d543495_o.png

22396129992_ee63d7d3cb_o.png

22396129032_7c3e348540_o.png

As for performance , new overcast and sratus are great!! I have more FPS than regular cumulus broken clouds for example.

As for regular comulus performance , maybe a little hit but considirng draw distnace is higher it's OK.

As long as you don't exhause your RAM and VRAM everything will be great.

I love the fogbows.

And I think I found a bug in the new overcast ; I get that visibility should decrease gradually while entering the clouds , however it starts too early IMO and it kills the feeling of entering this amazing cloud layer.

It just doesn't make sense when I didn't even got to the clouds altitude and visibilty is decreasing.

It also happens when escaping the clouds but vice versa , visibility increases too late.

looks like visbility changing and the clouds height aren't matching each other. 

• Upvote 2

Great! You should post some shots in the regular screenshots forum too :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Well, as I said, there will be differing outcomes, and what's important, is that if the user is happy with that outcome.  Good going, guys! :)

Enjoy the flights! :)

Mitch

Well, as I said, there will be differing outcomes, and what's important, is that if the user is happy with that outcome.  Good going, guys! :)

Enjoy the flights! :)

Mitch

DOH!!  

As for performance , new overcast and sratus are great!! I have more FPS than regular cumulus broken clouds for example.

As for regular comulus performance , maybe a little hit but considirng draw distnace is higher it's OK.

I love the fogbows.

And I think I found a bug in the new overcast ; I get that visibility should decrease gradually while entering the clouds , however it starts too early IMO and it kills the feeling of entering this amazing cloud layer.

It just doesn't make sense when I didn't even got to the clouds altitude and visibilty is decreasing.

It also happens when escaping the clouds but vice versa , visibility increases too late.

Can you take a screen grab of your v3.0 set up mask...I'd like to view what you have it set to... :)

Can you take a screen grab of your v3.0 set up mask...I'd like to view what you have it set to... :)

22402597552_235f31d09f_o.png

BTW I do agree cumulus clouds looks kinda weird from above , however I haven't saw in any simulator *cumulus* clouds that looks natural from the above , not even in REX in P3D/FSX.

And one of the most important things is the sky colors , Personaly I kinda don't like the ones that come with SMP , I use a set called "Carolina blue" from the org (there are many skcolors in this package , I use the one called Real City X)

BTW I do agree cumulus clouds looks kinda weird from above , however I haven't saw in any simulator *cumulus* clouds that looks natural from the above , not even in REX in P3D/FSX.

And one of the most important things is the sky colors , Personaly I kinda don't like the ones that come with SMP , I use a set called "Carolina blue" from the org (there are many skcolors in this package , I use the one called Real City X)

....thanks for your settings, Mtaxp...will capture them, and try them at some point in the future :)))

Post Edit:   Can you also post in further shots the FPS counter. That also would be of interest!!!!

Edited by tonywob
Removed Quoted Image

Haven't had much time to play with it so far but what I have seen I like - the clouds really are gorgeous looking, particularly overcast, and you can change settings on the fly which helps when finding the right balance for your system.

Of course the sudden transitions remain which is a bit of a pain. I read that FS Global Real Weather will ease transitions between weather areas so if anyone is using it with SMP and can confirm its smoother with, then I'll get me wallet out again.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

*Pictures*

I love the fogbows.

That last picture is just so realistic

You must have a powerful system to run max draw distance and details?

You must have a powerful system to run max draw distance and details

Edited by tonywob
Removed Quoted Image

I'm working with it...v3.0, trying a million setting combos....

Eclipse_21.png

Coming into Myrtle (KYMR) Beach for a Dusk landing...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse_17.png

Eclipse_18.png

Eclipse_16.png

Eclipse_23.png

Eclipse_25.png

Eclipse_26.png

Eclipse_27.png
  • Upvote 1

Hi

Just bought ........superb, overcast is amazing better than asn in my opinion

My advice go buy it you will not regret it

Mhazy