Sign in to follow this  
RocketDuck

SkyMaxx Pro v3 is Out

Did your log say the crash was due to SilverLining (SkyMaxx Pro's plugin name)? If not, or you don't know, I suspect what really happened is that you turned up the cloud draw distance and/or detail settings, which demanded extra memory from your system. Then you probably flew into some custom scenery that caused X-Plane to run out of resources and crash. At least, that's the case with almost every customer who claims Skymaxx Pro crashes or leaks memory once we dig into it. We've tested it extensively and it's been used extensively by thousands of happy customers, so I'm confident in saying it's one of the most stable pieces of software you'll encounter.

We've seen precisely one case where X-Plane attributed a crash to SilverLining, and that turned out to be due to an old SASL version that was corrupting memory - not a bug in Skymaxx Pro.

If you do have a log attributing a crash to SilverLining, we definitely want to see it so we can investigate what happened.

Sorry to be a stickler here, but unfounded claims that SkyMaxx Pro is somehow unstable can hurt sales, and it's how I earn a living!

I now am getting crashes with SMP 3.0  Here are the last three entries of the log...then CTD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SkyMaxx Pro: Memory Check: 263064 KB GPU, 1150856 KB CPU
SkyMaxx Pro: Location set to lat 40.774810 lon -73.868860 alt 8.103119
SkyMaxx Pro: Changing cloud conditions.
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SilverLining}==--

I would need to see the rest of your log in order to understand what is happening there. The first thing I'd look for is an out-of-date SASL plugin being loaded, or an out-of-date XFMC plugin. Either is known to potentially corrupt memory in ways that can lead to SkyMaxx Pro crashing. In short, if this just started happening after you started using a different aircraft, that aircraft would be my prime suspect.

I would need to see the rest of your log in order to understand what is happening there. The first thing I'd look for is an out-of-date SASL plugin being loaded, or an out-of-date XFMC plugin. Either is known to potentially corrupt memory in ways that can lead to SkyMaxx Pro crashing. In short, if this just started happening after you started using a different aircraft, that aircraft would be my prime suspect.

Ok...I'll look into your suggestions, and thanks! 

fkane, got it worked out...but not sure how I did, truthfully...but still we're fine now.

BTW...SMP 3.0 has the finest full-base cloud layering of any weather sim, on the market. It looks....it looks, real.  Check this out...your product...

Eclipse_507c4d.png

Eclipse_33.png

Eclipse_32.png

BTW...SMP 3.0 has the finest full-base cloud layering of any weather sim, on the market. It looks....it looks, real.  Check this out...your product...

Mitch, that first pic is the best base layer I've seen in X-Plane. It looks very realistic.

Mitch, that first pic is the best base layer I've seen in X-Plane. It looks very realistic.

I agree...sure took my mind to places, blissful....and those settings you see, made it happen, I guess...

Those are now my default/burned-in SMP settings.  Set 'n forget.

Mitch, to get this effect,  do you touch the default X-Plane cloud settings at all Or is everything done on the Sky Maxx Pro settings 

I take it,  you have to Uncheck the box in the Quick set up flight on weather in Default X-Plane weather settings 

Mitch, to get this effect,  do you touch the default X-Plane cloud settings at all Or is everything done on the Sky Maxx Pro settings 

I take it,  you have to Uncheck the box in the Quick set up flight on weather in Default X-Plane weather settings 

Elaine, as soon as you install SMP 3.0, it takes over cloud rendering, and deactivates the XP clouds.  If you want, you can take the XP clouds slider down full left to zero...just for effect. After your SMP 3.0 installs, that slider is redundant.

About the quick set-up flight, yes..I never use that...   For starters, click the box that downloads real weather off the web/net...and that's all you have to do.   SMP 3.0 will read that data, and represent it, in cloud-scape, etc.  SoundMaxx ties into SMP 3.0 via thunder claps, etc.

Terra Haze will do just that...according to your sets...will give you atmospherics, haze, vapor, fog, (simulated pollution), etc.  Like I said, between SMP 3.0 and the latest Terra Haze...  they together are the two-tap knockout punch!

Now, if you set up your SMP 3.0 exactly as I have it set up...the next time a cloud deck is called for...with the call having the same type of cloud structure, you WILL get what I show represented in the likes of my Michigan to New York flight yesterday. Those settings were driving all the cloud configurations that the weather called for. It is not system dependent, but by SMP 3.0 feature/bullet box/slider dependent.  I worked for days to slowly keep adjusting each feature in infinite combinations, until I got the fat. lush, fully featured clouds, and at the renditions/visuals you see in my snaps...  I never change the above. It gives me great visuals, so for myself, it is now set 'n forget.

One thing more I will guarantee you...if you do set it up as I show...you never will see POP-CORN clouds...never!   :Shame On You:

Hi... I have a problem with skymaxx v3

I installed FSGRW and that program (with default clouds and default xplane weather) is giving me the global weather situation so that when I fly from clear sky into an OVC area I see the clouds in the distance instead of having no clouds and suddenly find myself surronded by OVC clouds.

Using skymaxx v3 with FSGRW it seems that i am back to square 1!

I mean, if you fly from an OVC area to a clear one, the clouds disappear all around you in a second, instead of still seeing the clouds behind you (like it happens using FSGRW alone).

Now, skymaxx is amazing and above all the OVC clouds!

Is there a way to have the global weather depicted without having the annoying thing of "now it is OVC so all around is OVC and suddenly is clear and all around you is clear?

Is there a way to make FSGRW and SMP to work together, one injecting the global weather and SMP drowing the weather accordingly???

At the moment it seems I can only get either the wonderful clouds and OVC, but with sudden changes in the weather around you, or the global weather without sudden changes with the default clouds. :(((

Is this the way it is at the moment or I set something wrong???

Please if you have more details or if I didnt set the things accordingly, let me know

Cheers

Hi... I have a problem with skymaxx v3

I installed FSGRW and that program (with default clouds and default xplane weather) is giving me the global weather situation so that when I fly from clear sky into an OVC area I see the clouds in the distance instead of having no clouds and suddenly find myself surronded by OVC clouds.

Using skymaxx v3 with FSGRW it seems that i am back to square 1!

I mean, if you fly from an OVC area to a clear one, the clouds disappear all around you in a second, instead of still seeing the clouds behind you (like it happens using FSGRW alone).

Now, skymaxx is amazing and above all the OVC clouds!

Is there a way to have the global weather depicted without having the annoying thing of "now it is OVC so all around is OVC and suddenly is clear and all around you is clear?

Is there a way to make FSGRW and SMP to work together, one injecting the global weather and SMP drowing the weather accordingly???

At the moment it seems I can only get either the wonderful clouds and OVC, but with sudden changes in the weather around you, or the global weather without sudden changes with the default clouds. :sad:((

Is this the way it is at the moment or I set something wrong???

Please if you have more details or if I didnt set the things accordingly, let me know

Cheers

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/8378-smp3-and-fs-global-real-weather/

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/8495-smp-v3-live-weather-micro-pauses-and-settings/

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks, but the post yuou sent it is mine... I was asking if there is a solution to the problem cause it seems that having FSGRW with SMP is the same as having NOAA plugin. The only difference is that NOAA is free  while FSGRW is a payware (and a quite expensive one). It is a good plugin, but I dont understand  if SMP works or with global weather even having the global weather on then it generates the weather on a METAR to METAR basi, instead of populating the weather globally - so to have areas of clear sky and areas with OVC conditions...

SkyMaxx Pro gets information about local weather conditions through the datarefs that X-Plane exposes to plugins. That information only includes the conditions at the current location. We do the best we can with the data given to us; the METAR data is not exposed to us. So, all we can do is fade in new cloud conditions around the plane once you've flown into them.

We might find some creative work-around for this limitation in future releases of SMP, but for now that's just how things work in X-Plane I'm afraid.

So I have finally decided to get SMP, but it is a bit confusing (or I am just silly).

When I load into the airport my sky is always clear without a single cloud. But as soon as I add +1000 visiblity range on Real Terra Haze cloud suddenly appear and it is always raining. The range does not matter as it happens regardless if I load with 16k or 30k visibility. I always need to add some to get the clouds to pop in. Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Also, if someone could share some realistic settings with me, I would be really thankful.

Cheers.

SkyMaxx Pro gets information about local weather conditions through the datarefs that X-Plane exposes to plugins. That information only includes the conditions at the current location. We do the best we can with the data given to us; the METAR data is not exposed to us. So, all we can do is fade in new cloud conditions around the plane once you've flown into them.

We might find some creative work-around for this limitation in future releases of SMP, but for now that's just how things work in X-Plane I'm afraid.

Yeah that's been a disappointment.  I really liked SMP at first but again the thing I hate is that clouds just hang around the plane even with max distance set.  I completely understand that you're limited by what XP is providing but it might be a nice touch to just create some fake weather at a distance (same as XP does) that eventually fades (or do I have a setting wrong).  I say this as if you guys haven't thought of it...I'm sure you have.  I'm sure there are technical issues as a user I'm not aware of.  Just hope it gets better, but for now I'm back to stock.  I do like your cirrus layer options.  Also appreciate your presence here.  :)

Have you talked to Austin about giving you access to the metar data ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar