Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

PMDG 777 difficulty

Thanks but i am pretty up to date regarding LNAV/VNAV and IAN etc. But i was just refering to your first post for challenge purpose.

So STAR SVD1F SVD radial/course out 210 could be used with TRCK and also with A/P on or off? Will try that next time instead of LNAV. If AP is on what is engaged on the MCP? Heading select?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Mm...well, if you are up to speed on things then I think we have a language barrier problem here :-(

Cause I have no idea what you are trying to do!

1)

"So STAR SVD1F SVD radial/course out 210 could be used with TRCK"

??

You want to track radial 210 outbound from SDV?

You can do that with anything you like....as long as you stay on radial 210 it doesnt matter how you did it.

With Lnav...with HDG SEL....with TCK SEL with nothing but your hands steering the 777 around without FD and without AP....whatever you want.

There are simply different options and it is your job to choose the one that makes most sence or you feel most comfortable with.

2)

"and also with A/P on or off?"

??

You want to fly without AP and without FD?.

In that case there are no modes to select on the MCP....no Lnav, no TCK SEL, no HDG SEL....you are flying the conventional way.

Or do you want to fly with FD but without AP?

In that case see 1)

3)

"If AP is on what is engaged on the MCP? Heading select? "

You need to read the book about the PFD annunciations!

It will tell you on the PFD what is engaged.....not just Lnav/HDG SEL/TCK SEL but also AP or FD.

"AP" will be indiacted on the PFD if the autopilot is engaged.

"FD "will be indiacted if the autopilot is not engaged but the flight director is on.

Heading select (just like TCk SEL and Lnav) is a mode that the AP can follow, or the FD can give steering commands which you can follow (AP disengaged).

If this does not help then you need to explain in other words please.

Rob Robson

Heading select (just like TCk SEL and Lnav) is a mode that the AP can follow, or the FD can give steering commands which you can follow (AP disengaged).

If this does not help then you need to explain in other words please.

+1 The info i just needed about TRACK select thanks  :wink:  I will try explain myself more clearly next time and look into the FCOM for more info about TRACK vs HEADING selection. 

Normally i just fly the magenta "Vector 210" out of SVEDA with LNAV until ATC gives me a Vector heading  so i was just trying to understand the "follow the magenta in another way"

If i understand it correctly i could use TRCK which compensates for wind and if i have "programmed and follow" "Vector /210 out of SVD" the magenta should be easy to follow with TRACK as it compensates for wind ?

LNAV is the easiest way offcause in this matter

Thanks

Michael moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If i understand it correctly i could use TRCK which compensates for wind and if i have "programmed and follow" "Vector /210 out of SVD" the magenta should be easy to follow with TRACK as it compensates for wind ?

LNAV is the easiest way offcause in this matter

Thanks

Michael moe

Yes, correct.

One of THE most important chapter to read through is the "AUTOMATIC FLIGHT" chapter (Chapter 4)  in the PMDG777-FCOMv2.

It starts on page 295 according Goodreader on my iPad.

This chapter tells you exactly what each button on the MCP does, when a certain mode can be engaged and how it can be disengaged.

Glad we got things sorted out :-)

Rob Robson