Sign in to follow this  
urgeflaske

Problem with REX 4 Texture Direct

Hi! Couldnt find a unofficial section for REX, so im just gonna ask here. Im running P3D v3 btw.

So i just purchased REX 4 Texture Direct and combined it with Soft Clouds. I found a theme and installed it. But a error shows up (part of it are in norwegian, sorry about that)

REX TEXTURE DIRECT - PROCESS LOG
install.installTheme() - System.IO.IOException: Prosessen får ikke tilgang til filen C:\REX Texture Direct\installlog.txt fordi den brukes av en annen prosess.
   ved System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   ved System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   ved System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   ved System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
   ved System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   ved System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
   ved rextexturedirect_sc.functions.install.installTheme(String strThemeID)

That is one of the errors. What have i done wrong? and what causes this problem?

Edit:

"Prosessen får ikke tilgang til filen C:\REX Texture Direct\installlog.txt fordi den brukes av en annen prosess." is translated to "The process can not access the file C: \ REX Texture Direct \ installlog.txt because it is used by another process ."

Got a wait for the update, their beta testing for version three right now

No the proper release came out a few days ago for all users and it works fine with v3 for me.

From EGFF to YSSY

Hmm.. Because im getting some kind of error on whatever texture i try to apply. It cant find some part in \Texture\filename.bmp etc.

mr340:

yes, already been through that one.

No the proper release came out a few days ago for all users and it works fine with v3 for me.

really, sorry I didn't hear that and I've been waiting for the update, thank you

Might have found a solution. When im running rextexturedirect.exe from inside the REX Texture Direct folder i dont get any warnings or errors.

That's how it should be run. When the sim isn't.

And from the .exe, not the installlog or any other text file. 

Also make sure you have full administration privileges

I downloaded  what I thought was the V3  version from the flightsimstore.com last night only to find that it is still the previous version.    So frustrating.

I downloaded  what I thought was the V3  version from the flightsimstore.com last night only to find that it is still the previous version.    So frustrating.

REX updates can simply be run from within the application. Launch it, click on Program Information and `check for updates`

REX updates can simply be run from within the application. Launch it, click on Program Information and `check for updates`

Cool.  Thanks Louis. :smile: