Sign in to follow this  
darth_damian_000

FMC gets reconfigured

Hello.

When I fly the 777, I am having an issue. I have a flight with no step climbs, but a S/C climb appears on my map. I am to fly at FL360 until TOD, but after saving, all of a sudden the LEGS page shows readings that I should be at FL400. Any reason why that is, and is there any solution to this? I am running the latest version of my PMDG 777 for p3d v3, only with orbx ftx global base package. Even though there are no step climbs, i DID set my RSVM to 0 (zero) before takeoff.

Thank you.

-Damian Jez

What I understand is everything was normal at FL360 until you saved the flight, then the cruise altitude changed to FL400. What am I missing?

Did you save then load the flight? Even then, there is no reason why the FMS cruise altitude should change even if you have automatic step climbs because your step is 0.

I don't understand the description of your problem yet, when did the cruise change from FL360 to FL400?

Dan Downs KCRP

I noticed this change when I saved the game and panel state, but also picked my STAR. After doing these two things, my radar showed a step climb. After hitting the legs page, all altitudes changed to FL400. Not sure if any one or both actions I did caused this change.

As an additional note, I noticed on my other flights that after loading a flight, the STEP value changes from 0 (as my initial setting) to RSVM by itself. And as a result of this, FMC also changes by implementing step climbs that I didn't program.

Hope this clears it up and thanks for following up.

- Damian Jez

I just came home, and tried loading my flight. I am getting a different set of problems. The route I plugged in is no longer active. The waypoints/airways are still there, but I have to activate them. Furthermore, VNAV turns off, and when clicking it, I get a message saying PERF/VNAV unavailable. Again, I saved this flight and panel state when things were as they should be.

Is this a general error of the simulator as opposed to PMDG?

EDIT: I noticed that I had to reenter my cruise altitude in the FMC, that is why I was getting the FMC message. After plugging in 36000, the route reappeared as it should, however, FMC again instructs to climb to FL400.

EDIT: For simplicity, let's just say that the FMC changes the cruise altitude I programed (FL360) to a randomly assigned FL400 when I start p3d from scratch and load the flight.

EDIT: After starting a flight from scratch, the plane veers off course (not flying along magenta line) despite the display showing that LNAV is on (solid green). When I use heading select to get back on course, I arm LNAV (appears in white on display), expecting LNAV to turn on once I hit the magenta line. This does not happen, and my plane follows the select heading course. Facing too many problems at once, wondering if this is some glitch after loading a flight?

- Damian Jez

An update to my situation:

It seems that every time I load a flight, the plane loses the FMC info I put in. To fix this situation, I have to go on the VNAV page on my FMC to reenter the Cruise altitude (initially, there are only boxes for cruise altitude, meaning i HAVE to enter an altitude). On the same page, I can change the value of STEP from RSVM to 0, which takes care of the FMC altitudes issue on the LEGS page. The problem that I still cannot fix is my plane going off course, despite LNAV being on.  Of course, I also have to go on the RTE page and activate the route that, thankfully, I do not have to re-enter.

Furthermore, I may be having a problem with how my "save panel" function, as loading the panel in my flight does nothing to remedy my situation. When I load panel, which by the way is saved under the same name as the flight, VNAV goes off, and I am getting a V/S indicator of 000 and my IAS of about 0.838 mach by default on the MCD. I am not sure, if p3d is still too young, or is something wrong with my setup (I really don't have anything other than PMDG 777 and the bast ORBX FTX package).

Is this a common occurence? Is there a solution to this problem? Is this behavior natural?

Help is appreciated, thank you.

- Damian Jez

Is this a common occurence? Is there a solution to this problem? Is this behavior natural?

Help is appreciated, thank you.

Seeing that this is the first time I'm seeing this, no it is not common.

Are you running your simulator as an administrator?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, with all internet security software disabled.

It seems like an issue im having with initializarion.

EDIT :Once I input cruise altitude, step, and turn on vnav, things are okay. The lnav issue gets solved when reaching the next waypoint.

- Damian Jez