Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

No controller calibration in V3

Anyone noticed this there is no button to do controller calibration anymore at least in windows 10 and also getting some weird zooming issues when I pan spot view when I stop panning it jerks and zooms out farther not sure why its doing this - any ideas ?

I did shut down some unneeded views in camera cfg. file but I have done that in the past with no problems

Rich Sennett

W10 is still a crapshoot Richard. Just because it works for some doesn't mean it will work for all. DO you have a w7 install that you can retest on?  I googled and it seems it is hidden deep inside of W10 - there are ways to access it - google a bit and you should find explicit instructions. I lost the link and don't have time to find it again right now. Sorry.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

W10 is still a crapshoot Richard. Just because it works for some doesn't mean it will work for all. DO you have a w7 install that you can retest on?  I googled and it seems it is hidden deep inside of W10 - there are ways to access it - google a bit and you should find explicit instructions. I lost the link and don't have time to find it again right now. Sorry.

Vic

Thanks Vic - my win7 license has been relinquished - you only have a month to go back but why wouldn't windows 10 have a controller calibration also why is there no button in P3D for it - this is only on v3 - I think v3 does not have it anymore from what I have read in fsuipc forums

Rich Sennett

Anyone noticed this there is no button to do controller calibration anymore at least in windows 10 and also getting some weird zooming issues when I pan spot view when I stop panning it jerks and zooms out farther not sure why its doing this - any ideas ?

I did shut down some unneeded views in camera cfg. file but I have done that in the past with no problems

It doesn't exist for me either and I'm using Win7. There are other posts on here about it too. Also have issues with joysticks not working to some extent. For me, I can't move the rudder to the right much. Others have it even worse than that. I guess from what I hear, LM are aware of the problem.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

It doesn't exist for me either and I'm using Win7. There are other posts on here about it too. Also have issues with joysticks not working to some extent. For me, I can't move the rudder to the right much. Others have it even worse than that. I guess from what I hear, LM are aware of the problem.

Thanks Guys - much appreciated - maybe this view thing is an issue also and not on my end - if you go to spot view mostly from a rear 3/4 view and some other views - just let it set and wait it will abruptly zoom out all by itself and come back to original distance again - is this happening to others ?

Rich Sennett

Thanks Guys - much appreciated - maybe this view thing is an issue also and not on my end - if you go to spot view mostly from a rear 3/4 view and some other views - just let it set and wait it will abruptly zoom out all by itself and come back to original distance again - is this happening to others ?

You can calibrate as normal in Windows 10 but you have to go to settings and choose devices and then down to show all your connected hardware.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Also have issues with joysticks not working to some extent. For me, I can't move the rudder to the right much. Others have it even worse than that. I guess from what I hear, LM are aware of the problem.

I just wish that they could sort it out quickly. I have been grounded ever since I installed P3D v3.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You can calibrate as normal in Windows 10 but you have to go to settings and choose devices and then down to show all your connected hardware.

Michael Moe

Mind posting a screenshot when you get a chance Mike as I have tried that also can not find a calibration for yoke in windows 10 - thinking I would have to load saitek crap driver to have that which you didnt have to do in windows 7 - thanks

Rich Sennett

Windows 10 was rushed out in time for the start of the school year, in somewhat of an unfinished state according to folks at MS. The original launch date was next month and that is when a big update is scheduled to be released. It is called Threshold 2, ( TH2)  and it should change quite a few things in W10. Should be interesting to see how it affects different programs.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Windows 10 was rushed out in time for the start of the school year, in somewhat of an unfinished state according to folks at MS. The original launch date was next month and that is when a big update is scheduled to be released. It is called Threshold 2, ( TH2)  and it should change quite a few things in W10. Should be interesting to see how it affects different programs.  

Did not know that Bob - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Mind posting a screenshot when you get a chance Mike as I have tried that also can not find a calibration for yoke in windows 10 - thinking I would have to load saitek crap driver to have that which you didnt have to do in windows 7 - thanks

Sure Richard , just got home from work

But i have the Danish version  :wink: (control panel (which is under settings on my pc from the start menu - then related settings)

calibrate.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Sure Richard , just got home from work

But i have the Danish version  :wink:

Thanks Mike but I have looked in there I see no calibration serttings

Rich Sennett

Getting a bit closer but no calibration process maybe because an updated saitek driver needs to be loaded but rather not do that - no controller issues just wondering whats going on

ddmdyd.jpg

Rich Sennett

Getting a bit closer but no calibration process maybe because an updated saitek driver needs to be loaded but rather not do that - no controller issues just wondering whats going on

ddmdyd.jpg

I feel a little ashamed :wub:  , i am sorry you are right , i thought i calibrated it but i did not

Sorry Richard,,

Can you use FSUIPC like i did ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png