Sign in to follow this  
CarlHill

Prepar3d v3 new user questions

I ordered v3 last week, I do not have any of the previous versions. It looks great and my computer handles it very well. I have turned airliner traffic up to 70 and still do not see any traffic on the ground at most airports, also see little in the skies. Does anyone make an add on yet like Ultimate Traffic or something similar?

Also, the P3D website says there should be 40 high detail cities. I only see 13 in my scenery\cities folder.  Norfolk is not there even though their website shows a high detail Norfolk in the screenshot gallery. I also saw a list recently that said Houston should be a high detail city. I am missing that also. I posted this on the P3D website forum and no one seemed to know why all of the cities are missing. They eventually deleted the thread because I felt like a partial refund was in order based on 40 cities being advertised and only 13 received. One person suggested importing the missing cities from the previous versions, but I do not feel as though one should have to buy all 3 versions to get what is advertised.

Lastly, I noticed that Feelthere E-Jets installed perfectly, but the Regional Jets ERJ 145 v2 seems to have issues. There is a flashing black box around the Nav beacons on top and bottom of the aircraft. I have been unable to find a solution to this.

Thanks in Advance,

CH

Well I use My Traffic 6. and that will take care of your traffic issuse.  Can't really help with the other questions.

Some cities are included in the scenery menu. Others are part of the scenery .bgl.

You should have been more cautious accusing Lockheed-Martin of misrepresentation without proper evidence, based on more than just five minutes in the sim. Perhaps you can list the 40 cities and we can all check them out on our rigs?

Hopefully you will learn from this. Especially as you are installing non-V3 compliant aircraft into your new sim, seemingly without regard to the complications. 

Just looking for advice. My PC is about 3yrs old it is an Intel Core i5 2.7G with 8mb ram, Win10 64bit and a Intel HD 2500 graphics card. It is an all in one PC so no way to upgrade graphics card. I run latest version of X-Plane no problem. I'm looking to get P3D V3. Will it run on here? I'm not wasting time or money if I can't. Thanks in advance.

Just looking for advice. My PC is about 3yrs old it is an Intel Core i5 2.7G with 8mb ram, Win10 64bit and a Intel HD 2500 graphics card. It is an all in one PC so no way to upgrade graphics card. I run latest version of X-Plane no problem. I'm looking to get P3D V3. Will it run on here? I'm not wasting time or money if I can't. Thanks in advance.

Your CPU and GPU are just a few notches above the minimum system requirements for v3, but a bit below the recommended specs, so yes - it will run. If it will run OK depends on what your standards for OK are.

With that rig, I wouldn't bother with Prepar3d.

V3 adds more and more to the GPU load and yours is already on the bottom end of acceptable.

I ordered v3 last week, I do not have any of the previous versions. It looks great and my computer handles it very well. I have turned airliner traffic up to 70 and still do not see any traffic on the ground at most airports, also see little in the skies. Does anyone make an add on yet like Ultimate Traffic or something similar?

Also, the P3D website says there should be 40 high detail cities. I only see 13 in my scenery\cities folder.  Norfolk is not there even though their website shows a high detail Norfolk in the screenshot gallery. I also saw a list recently that said Houston should be a high detail city. I am missing that also. I posted this on the P3D website forum and no one seemed to know why all of the cities are missing. They eventually deleted the thread because I felt like a partial refund was in order based on 40 cities being advertised and only 13 received. One person suggested importing the missing cities from the previous versions, but I do not feel as though one should have to buy all 3 versions to get what is advertised.

Lastly, I noticed that Feelthere E-Jets installed perfectly, but the Regional Jets ERJ 145 v2 seems to have issues. There is a flashing black box around the Nav beacons on top and bottom of the aircraft. I have been unable to find a solution to this.

Thanks in Advance,

CH

any luck with the lights?  having the same issue?

Yes, I fixed the lights.  Open the folder of the ERJ you are using and open the aircraft.cfg file with notepad. Scroll down a ways and you will see a "Lights" section.  At the end of each line there is a comma then the name of the fx file that is being used for the particular light. Look at light 4 and light 5. At the end of each line is something like fx_beacon_E1X5.  That fx file refers to its own texture within the effects folder. The texture is what is causing the black box for whatever reason. I did not have the time or desire to load that texture in Photoshop and make corrections so I just renamed the fx_beacon_E1X5 to the name of the beacon effect that my E175 uses. I can't remember the exact file name. You have to make sure that you don't change any of the other parameters in each line or your light will not show up in the right location.  If  this seems confusing, PM me and I will send you my aircraft.cfg file.

I'm experimenting with the FFS Saab and Feelthere CRJ-200 working now. They are old, but there's nothing out there that beats them right now. I was a beta tester for FFS and I can attest that we had several Saab 340 pilots helping to make things accurate. It is a shame FFS skipped town. 

On another note, the ERJ145 feels a little sluggish compared to FSX, especially on take-off roll and climbout.  When you full throttle, look down at your throttle and see if the levers are going all the way to 100%. Mine are not and I suspect others are having the same issue. They appear to stop around 80-85% and that would explain the poor take off and climb performance. I'm also trying to find a workaround for this. Let me know if you see the same thing. There is probably a tweak to the .cfg file that may compensate for this.

CH

Ultimate Traffic 2 works in P3D 3.0 as long as you follow the helpful instructions posted by community members or the guides I found on YouTube.   Must have the Estonia Migration tool for it to work.   Working like a charm.  Glad to have tons of AI traffic back in my sim.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I got My Traffic 6 at the suggestion of someone earlier in this thread. It works well. The only thing that seems to bring my fps to a crawl so far is the Carenado SR-22, though their Beech 1900 is silky smooth. I wish someone would do a Saab 340 or Dash 8-100/200. I like the smaller regional stuff. A CRJ-200 would be great also but all of the ones that were being worked on have turned into vaporware. I have had no luck whatsoever getting the Feelthere CRJ-200 to function properly. It flies somewhat OK but none of the switches or gauges seem to work. Same thing for the old FFS Saab 340. I guess I will stick to X-Plane 10 for flying the Saab and CRJ. Those 2 are a surreal experience with the X-Plane flight model and weather effects. Oddly enough, the Feelthere ERJ 135/145 works fine in P3D except for a throttle issue.

I'm experimenting with the FFS Saab and Feelthere CRJ-200 working now. They are old, but there's nothing out there that beats them right now. I was a beta tester for FFS and I can attest that we had several Saab 340 pilots helping to make things accurate. It is a shame FFS skipped town. 

Did you have any luck getting FFS S340 working in P3D?  Keeps CTD'ing for me.