Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

NGX P3D Performance

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that in P3D v3 and P3D 2.5 that the NGX suffers low FPS at random stages during the flight. Most commonly during approach,  but it can occur anywhere during the flight.

The FPS drops to anywhere between 9-17FPS and it just holds that FPS really steadily. It isn't stuttering but it is noticeably choppy due to the low framerate until it randomly decides to increase to the normal range for me which is about 30-40. (FPS lock at 40)

I have an Intel 4690k and a GTX 970.

The only addons I am using in these flights are ASN, 737NGX, and FSUIPC, I'm not running any scenery at the moment.

The frame drops never occur on the PMDG 777 or any other aircraft.

I have tried running just the NGX with no addons but it still occurs.

My CFG is completely unedited and I am using the same settings as here:

http://www.robainscough.com/P3DV3_Settigns_Low.html

I have not done any nVidia inspector or control panel tweaks.

Thanks in advance

• Upvote 3

G'day Antoni, 

I also experience the same problem with both V2.5 and V3

These are the current settings I have:

Tweaks in CFG: 

[bufferPools]
PoolSize=900000000
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=84

NVIDIA Control Panel: 
Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling 
Power management mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Help would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: After landing the FPS increases to about 30-35fps  

• Upvote 1

Also, when the frame drops are occuring, they only occur in virtual cockpit view. In external view the framerate is solid at 30-40 FPS.

EDIT: I just completed another flight and as soon as I completed my landing roll the framerate in the VC increases to 35 FPS

• Upvote 2

VC framerates will be lower than external camera views due to all that is going on in the cockpit.  It's more mathematical than anything so you need a beefy processor.  I get framedrops using A2A aircraft, but not by much.  Then again, the performance of V3 on my rig is pretty smooth and stable as my frames are locked at 30.  It probably helps that I have nearly zero tweaks in my cfg file and in NI.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Did another flight yesterday afternoon and no frame drops, no idea what is causing it.

Isn't there an additional cfg setting pmdg recommend adding? I do not have p3d but I recall hearing about it, something like "optimize parts" could that be it? - David Lee

Isn't there an additional cfg setting pmdg recommend adding? I do not have p3d but I recall hearing about it, something like "optimize parts" could that be it? - David Lee

in v3 optimize parts is turned on by default

Sorry for not updating this post turns out this issue is caused by entering range rings in the fix page, confirmed by PMDG.