Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Imaginesim Atlanta 2016

I've been waiting for this new version, but I'm a little skeptical. Looking for feedback before I place an order.

Edited by Jim Young
Removed link to store. No problems with letting us know about a new product release/update or a link to the product website (Imaginesim) but please, no direct link to one of the many stores that might sell this product

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I've been waiting for this new version, but I'm a little skeptical. Looking for feedback before I place an order.

Same here. After buying the original KATL, upgraded Charlotte and TJSJ, I've pretty much decided I am done.

I read that for the newer KATL you need to have the scenery complexity slider maxed out to get all the jet ways to show and they are still not animated unless you buy AES credits. For me that is unacceptable in this day and age.

Plus, their last KATL v2 had horrible looking custom runway lights that were huge and looked horrible on approach, like blobs of bright light.

I know not everyone can match FlyTampa, FSDT and Flightbeam, but I'd like them to at least overcome some of the issues I mentioned with jetways and runway lights.

Post Edit:

One other thing, I hesitate to purchase from anyone who does not have a support forum. In the past I had sent emails to their support email address and never got any reply. In this day and age, they should at least have a support forum somewhere where they will interact with customers. To this day I only know the name of one guy who works for them named Cal but no one else. They remain hidden and anonymous and don't interact with the community as far as I know. Most other big developers talk to people on their forum.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No upgrade price after I've already paid for 2 previous buggy versions? And many other of their airports still have bugs in them, singapore, shanghai both still have issues and they have ignored my emails after releasing buggy patches. Not happy. No thank you.

My question, legitimately, is what is different from the prior version, both in terms of the actual airport and the software?

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

It's completely reworked from 2.0.  

1. A complete Delta HQ and the hotels on Loop Road and Virginia Avenue are on the sim.     The level of detail is superb! 
  2. Signage is somewhat accurate.  Only big complain is that they thought Montgomery was north of ATL and downtown was south.
  3. The 27R/9L extension is added.
  4. 285 tunnel is on there finally!

It's completely reworked from 2.0.  

1. A complete Delta HQ and the hotels on Loop Road and Virginia Avenue are on the sim.     The level of detail is superb! 
  2. Signage is somewhat accurate.  Only big complain is that they thought Montgomery was north of ATL and downtown was south.
  3. The 27R/9L extension is added.
  4. 285 tunnel is on there finally!

Only that for full price of $35? Again, no thank you

That was kind of my thoughts; looking at the screen shots it didn't look significantly different at a glance to the prior version - it may be, but I wasn't moved. And with high quality airports coming out almost every other week at 33% less, it seems a steep price to pay. Unlike others, I'm not dissatisfied with the previous version. By the same token for a flytampa or flightbeam price, it better be the same quality, and while I freely acknowledge they don't have to give a discount to prior customers, it doesn't seem like a compelling upgrade. I'm not bagging on the developer, it's just my honest assessment - I'm willing, and hoping, to be proven wrong.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

V2 was awful, no thanks.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have also decided not to buy KATL, despite being a good customer having bought in the past years a

number of Imagine airports for FS9 & FSX, including Shanghai which I think is good, but I have seen that

the price they are now asking does not reflect in the level of quality in the new KATL.

I have installed the demo after first looking at the older version in my FSX, it looks more looks more like an

update and not a complete new version.

I miss the volume of apron objects, vehicles, containers etc which I see on other recent airports which I

have.

Also small but significant details like the tower which does not have lighting on top.

As others have mentioned the after service can be improved more, also a forum where customers can post

messages  and support each other and also get help from Imagine is sadly missing.

Imagine could show more transparency with their customers.

They could take an example from FlightBeam, FlyTampa and FSDT forums just to name a few.

And why have all the Imagine airports been removed from SimMarket, a commission question or is there

more the hand here.

I'm going to buy it. I use KATL far too much to stick with default.

James McLees

Atlanta was one of the default airports MS did a really good job on (more customized as well), so a free AFCAD update (there's a few of them around and one our team uses regularly) is terrific.

Unfortunately, I can't say one even partially positive thing about Imaginesim scenery. I would never purchase it.  A high quality, accurate AFCAD is not only free but is just as good in my book.

Happy flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm waiting for the Christmas sale to buy KSFOv2, the only Flightbeam scenery I don't have, and even not on special it's $29.  I'm not paying that much for what looks pretty bad in screenshots.

sig01.png