Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

P3D v3 no runway and approach lights on addon sceneries, pls help!

Hi, I have P3D v3 and installed 2 sceneries that are fully compatible, Aerosoft mega Rome X and Drzewiecki Design Warsaw EPWA 1.4. I found out that in both of them I have no runway and approach lights, the runways are completely dark. Further, in Rome X the taxi light are just very small dots that don't make any light. The runway and approach lights are instead ok on default airports. I am new to P3D and would really appreciate an help. Thank you!

James Goggi

Well, I do know that the custom taxiway lighting in Aerosoft Dublin did not work in P3D v2.4, so this may be a similar issue.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are you saying that there is a fix, or that we need one?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The patches at Simmerhome are for german airports, do you think they are generic? Unfortunately I can't understand German.

James Goggi

Submit a ticket at Aerosoft. Simmershome provides patches for older (non P3D compatible) AS airports that came out for FSX, i.e. airports with own airport lightning. The patches provide default lighting that work in P3D.

In your case the problem seems to be somewhere else as the sceneries should be P3D compatible.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Just use google to translate the site into English.  You'll find fixes for almost all Aerosoft airports for P3d lighting compatibility, like your Rome.

Yes, the problem in Rome was that I had modified the AFCAD file with ADE for FSX and this caused the lights to disappear. But with Warsaw Chopin X I did nothing, just installed v 1.40 in P3D v3 and no lights! Anyone else has installed it and can give me a feedback? Thank you!

James Goggi

Yes, the problem in Rome was that I had modified the AFCAD file with ADE for FSX and this caused the lights to disappear. But with Warsaw Chopin X I did nothing, just installed v 1.40 in P3D v3 and no lights! Anyone else has installed it and can give me a feedback? Thank you!

I have a demo for DD Warsaw Chopin X and a full version for Warsaw City X.

In demo I don't have any problem with runway lights, but in EPBC in Warsaw City 2015 lights are sometimes flickering.

DD has a dedicated forum for issues here: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/index.php

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Thank you. I found out that the culprit is Warsaw 2013, that I have installed. By disabling it the runway lights come back.

James Goggi