Sign in to follow this  
adit_aviator

Mouse clickability Issue and eventual freeze (P3DV3)

Gentlemen,

I am facing an issue where I get a weird anomaly which happens just before cruise. First my mouse pointer when clicked doesn't do anything but simulation runs. Within a few seconds nothing is clickable even items out of the simulator scope. I get sounds like 'TOK'  when pressing the left mouse button. I see this problem in both 737 NGX and 777. I recently upgraded to P3DV3. Yes I have followed the steps in making sure that no other aircraft is loaded before the pmdg aircraft. I tried this with full screen as well as window mode. The issue is consistent.

My PMDG fleet is now grounded.

Note: This happens only when airborne. On ground its fine. Simulation continues to run but what could you do if none of your clicks are responsive. 

Platform: Windows 7 64 BIT

Sim: P3DV3

Thank you,

Adit Maark Yvon

Just to clarify, mouse pointer is visible but no response clicking anywhere on the screen both simulator in scope and out of scope.

Regards,

Adit Maark Yvon

Adit, what happens after you loose pointer control? Does P3D keep running? Are the VC displays still working, ie you can see changes in the displays? How long do you let it keep running? How do you end the P3D session, do you use Task Manager?

If the mouse is not clickable outside of the P3D focus, it could be because P3D has a appHang and holds focus. Do you still have keyboard function?

Have you looked at the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are application errors?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

I observe the following.

1. P3D keeps running.

2. VC displays are working. Yes I can see the changes happening.

3. Kept running for 5 mins.

4. I used CRTL + ALT + DEL to summon the Task Manager. But to my astonishment I don't see any tasks in that.

5. When I use the windows key to get focus on shutdown and press enter, the system stays in the screen " Shutting Down" forever. After this point I had to press the power button for a forced shutdown.

Regards,

Adit

Sounds very much like an appHang event. I used to get these with FSX but never heard of one in P3D before.  See if it comes back after 8-10 min.

It would be very helpful if you would look at the Event Viewer to see what application errors are logged there and their information.

Dan Downs KCRP

I will do an analysis flight in detail and report the results. Unable to find time to do this due to work. However, I did squeeze sometime to check if the same is happening with another aircraft just to isolate the issue. But I have to say that I use only installers that were made for P3DV3. So at the moment Aerosoft Airbus series, Dash 8 Q400 none of them is out with a P3DV3 version. So I resorted to the A2A Cessna C182 for a flight (30 mins). I know you can't compare this and a commercial jet but just to check. Everything seems fine. The service ceiling for this is just 18000 feet. But everything went fine. No issues.

Regards,

Adit Maark Yvon

i have some inputs. I can confirm the issue happens only when flying in VATSIM. I am using Vpilot. I use it in my secondary PC connected over network. I run Vproxy from the flightsim PC.

Adit Maark Yvon

Hi.

I have the exact same problem in P3D v3 and 3.1

Have you managed to find a solution?

Antonio

Have you managed to find a solution?

Please try to avoid dredging up older topics like this and instead, start a new topic.

Check here:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I too have had this issue since version 3.0 even following Kyle's suggestion above.  Mouse stutter, beeps, freeze (or at least no control inputs work and hard restart required).  There's a huge thread on the Prepar3d forum as how this relates to the Saitek trim wheel.  I do not have the trim wheel but do have Saitek pedals.  I have updated to the latest Saitek beta drivers but have not been around to do much flying since.  We'll see.

Steve Giblin

I too have had this issue since version 3.0 even following Kyle's suggestion above.  Mouse stutter, beeps, freeze (or at least no control inputs work and hard restart required).  There's a huge thread on the Prepar3d forum as how this relates to the Saitek trim wheel.  I do not have the trim wheel but do have Saitek pedals.  I have updated to the latest Saitek beta drivers but have not been around to do much flying since.  We'll see.

Sounds like a generic USB issue. If the computer chokes on something related to USB, then the whole interface gets hosed up for anything that connects via USB (and for newer components, that's probably just about anything).

I had this when I attempted to update drivers on either my pedals or my HOTAS, but wasn't following the directions.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds like a generic USB issue. If the computer chokes on something related to USB, then the whole interface gets hosed up for anything that connects via USB (and for newer components, that's probably just about anything).

I had this when I attempted to update drivers on either my pedals or my HOTAS, but wasn't following the directions.

This does sound logical since the usb board in my Precision Flight Controls yoke just failed totally.  I suspect that it may have been causing the issue prior to its total failure.  Time will tell. Just installed the replacement.

Steve Giblin

Problem is back.  I'm back to thinking that Prepar3d is the culprit.  Started with version 3.0.

Steve Giblin

Problem is back.  I'm back to thinking that Prepar3d is the culprit.  Started with version 3.0.

I'm using 3.1 and not having any of these issues. If you're still experiencing mouse stutter, beeps, freezes, then my bet would be there's something wrong with the hardware, the driver, or your USB interface on your machine.

If you're using Win10, it forces updates on you, which could include driver updates you don't need (that could cause issues).

Kyle Rodgers

The problem is there. I did a fresh install of OS Win 7. Sim platform is P3DV3.1. Aircraft PMDG 777. If you are saying this is USB issue, may I know if I have to install Saitek Drivers? Currently I have not installed any specific driver.

I have the following:

1. Saitek Cessna Yoke

2. Saitek Cessna Rudder Pedals

3. Saitek Throttle Quadrant

4. Saitek panels (Switch panel, Multipanel, Radio Panel)

Regards,

Adit Maark Yvon

I had this problem. It was the Saitek trim wheel. Unplugged it and problem gone.