Sign in to follow this  
Enzzo

I'll wait for adaptation?

Hello, gentlemens!

Can I hope to adapt "Jetstream" before I die?

Simulation platforms has been updated for a long time. FSX Steam version - December 18, 2014. Prepar3D v2.5 - Feb 10, 2015 (and v3 later)... The latest news on "Jetstream" - Mar 30, 2015. Half a year has passed.

I understand that most people "faping" for the NGX and heavy-jet. But do not forget about the users Turboprops. I do not think that adaptation is so complex. Nevertheless - I respect your thoroughness.

If you want to - I am ready to participate in the beta test. I promise to bring it to a few intelligent man. I really like the Jetstream, and I would like to get it as soon as possible under the new platform.

Do not think for insolence. Sorry for my English.

Respectfully.

Ed aka 'Enzzo'.

Join the club. There are many of us looking forward to flying this beauty in P3D. Maybe an opportunity will come about after the Queen is released... just a wish, I don't have any insight into their plans other than what we all share.

Dan Downs KCRP

II too had hoped the J41 would have been done by now and were now on V3 of P3D. Can I wait for a great product, yes. Am I hoping for some offical news from PMDG soon? You bet.  :wink: 

Has this seriously not been resolved yet? I was on the verge of purchasing this product over the Majestic Q400, as I wanted something a bit smaller, but perhaps I should think again :sad:

I've been searching in vain for an update since the Feb/Mar ones, when they made the statement that it was a couple of days work and in testing. Have we just missed the announcement? Or is it really not supported in FSX:SE yet?

It will work in FSX:SE although you will need to manually install it, see http://www.avsim.com...x-st/?p=3281814. An official installer was last officially mentioned in March 2015, when PMDG said beta testing of it had taken a back seat.

As regards using it within P3D, the last official word on this was in January 2015 at http://www.avsim.com/topic/459512-08jan15-updated-p3d-development-information/?hl=%2Bjetstream where a Q2 2015 release was predicted. They need to make some minor code changes to get IAS hold working in P3D, but I don't think it requires much work beyond that.

Given PMDG are currently focused on releasing 747v2 and then doing cascading upgrades down to the NGX and 777, then releasing the DC-6 on Xplane, who knows when/if we'll see a P3D J41?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thanks for the info Chris, very helpful. It's a shame that the J41 isn't getting any love these days, it's exactly the plane I'm looking for.

I've just reinstalled the JS41 after a pc overhaul. Apart from the IAS hold it works perfectly. Like Chris said, you have to manually install a couple of items but it's not difficult. Those being running 3 simconnect's and dropping a gauge file into windows, this fixes a blank fmc.

This was a clean install of absolutely everything so I had no old versions to remove which may of gone in my favour.

If you already own the JS41 and are moving to steam I say go for it as you've nothing to lose.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference but I'm using the dvd version.

Thanks Roy, that's very helpful. Can you elaborate on the FMS gauge fix? I've not come across that mentioned in the reading around I've done about this aircraft.

The other thing I'd like to know is that when/if PMDG get around to releasing the FSX:SE compatible version will it be a free upgrade to existing customers? I'd be more than a little irked if I purchase this now and then find it's an additional cost in a few months... But of course I'd like to buy this plane right now :D

Thanks for all the input on this.

Thanks Roy, that's very helpful. Can you elaborate on the FMS gauge fix? I've not come across that mentioned in the reading around I've done about this aircraft.

Windows 8.1 was missing the font required to view the FMS. A simple fix of copying and pasting the gauge file from the fsx font folder to the windows folder. It's not always necessary, depends on windows font list.

Thanks, that's very handy to know :) I reckon I'll pull the trigger then, it's a lovely looking plane, and is just the kind of thing I want.

If I could offer one piece of advice it would be study the start up and shut down procedure carefully. Good luck.

Well I've only gone and done it! It installed fine, I had to copy the font as you described to get the FMC to render correctly. I've only had a few hours to tinker, but she's a real beauty :D Blew up a few engines initially, but I'm getting the hang. Like you said Roy, I need to read the documents carefully.

Only slight niggle I've come across is that I've had a few CTD problems, generally when I've been messing about with the FMC. But it could be more down to me asking it to do crazy things that the developers didn't cater for.

But so far I'm have a blast with this aircraft, I can see that it's going to get a lot of use...

Treat her with care. I find if you start fsx with default trike, select airport, date and time and lastly jetstream all is good. CTD is down to a minimum. If you save flights you may get a problem.

Let me know if you need advice on setting up hardware,I'm using saitek yolk with extra quad. It helps having control over both throttle and prop.

Rgr, select the aircraft last... I rarely if ever save flights, I tend to keep them to short hops.

I'm using a trio of CH products (Fighter Stick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals), and I've got a hat mapped to control the prop via the throttle hand thumb which seems to be working well for me. I'm sure that once I get my nose into the manuals properly I'll have a rethink of what controls are essential and maybe change some things around...