Sign in to follow this  
stickmanbrad

P3D V3 Config | Low FPS | In need of help to finally end this frustration

Dear Fellow Simmers,

I'm currently in need of some guidance and help,

I'm Currently running an i7-3770k @ 4ghz (Supposedly), GTX 970, GTX 610 (More on this later), 16GB Ram, 500gb Samsung EVO SSD for OS and prepar3d, 250GB Samsung EVO SSD for Steam Games and Windows 10 64bit. On top of this I'm running 3 1920x1080p screens capable of 144hz. Currently only at 60hz due to these issues.

I also have a host of addons including, orbx, pmdg, and aerosoft. Although i'm only using the ones with v3 installers currently. I haven't even began to look at the 777 as i'm trying to get the ngx to work well first.

Initially my plans where to have this setup in surround mode and have Prepar3D across the 3 screens. This didn't work very well as FPS was playing up and it was stuttering like crazy. So I reverted back to extended the screens and just having Prepar3D V3 on one of the 3 screens in windowed mode.

After doing this although it was smoother I couldn't help but be saddened that my frames and stuttering was not as good as I had seen others. In fact I went back to just using the one screen as I felt maybe my computer couldn't handle it.

Anyway I've been using a mixture of settings including with Nvidia Inspector.

I guess I'm just wishing I can get some guidance on my settings and be able to use my sim again properly without worries of lag and frame drops.

Here is my settings.

http://imgur.com/2g0cPwV <- Nvidia Inspector Settings

http://pastebin.com/zWXPDEFk <- P3D Config

Many thanks in advanced to anyone who posts here. If you require any further specification just message :-)

Bradley

=================================

I also forgot to include that i do like using vatsim but currently thats out the picture when fps is so bad. Another thing to mention is I have had FXAA setting on for a while but turned this off recently thinking maybe it wasn't needed. I'm no expert on this so I'm not really sure.

Many thanks

Bradley

Can you post screenshots of your P3D settings?  That will be easier to read.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello Bradley,

first of all if you like to run 3 screens it was recommended by LM to run them independently an not in surround mode. If you encounter slow FPS as of my experience reason for that could be no overclock. Check that in your bios or via AIDA. Try to switch off HT in the bios. Leave the cfg untweaked first. Set the FPS limiter in the sim to unlimited. Your problem is most properbly the AA settings within NI. Set the AA Setting to driver standard and the SGSS down to 2. Within the sim go for MSAA 2 accordingly.

For proper SGSS see this article http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

So the i7 was overclocked not by me personally but by somebody else to 4ghz apparently but not in the common way. It's on that turbo boost thing. So 3.5ghz to start with then usually more than start. But apparently 4ghz. I wish i knew more about that.

These AA settings could you please specify exactly the names of the settings I need to change. I'm sorry to be a pain but am not very familiar with these settings. I've just been using these settings based on others or me testing fps count.

Many thanks

Bradley Russell

Hello Bradley,

first of all if you like to run 3 screens it was recommended by LM to run them independently an not in surround mode. If you encounter slow FPS as of my experience reason for that could be no overclock. Check that in your bios or via AIDA. Try to switch off HT in the bios. Leave the cfg untweaked first. Set the FPS limiter in the sim to unlimited. Your problem is most properbly the AA settings within NI. Set the AA Setting to driver standard and the SGSS down to 2. Within the sim go for MSAA 2 accordingly.

For proper SGSS see this article http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

Well, 8x sparse grid supersampling is quite heavy on the GPU. What you should do is tell us what your GPU usage is when you get bad stutters and frame rates. If it's not 99-100%, then it's not a video card stress problem.

Also, are you running P3D on all 8 physical and logical cores?

You do not need v-sync on if your frames are locked at 60 FPS.

Will do now. :-) Sorry

Brad

Okay so currently my frames are on unlimited. So i guess it may be worth setting that to 60fps? I'm guessing i need to look at something like gpu-z to find this information out?

Well, 8x sparse grid supersampling is quite heavy on the GPU. What you should do is tell us what your GPU usage is when you get bad stutters and frame rates. If it's not 99-100%, then it's not a video card stress problem.

How can i tell what cores it's running on? Sorry i'm still trying to work around the technical sides of this.

Use Nvidia Inspector to monitor your GPU usage. Use task manager to see what your CPU load distribution across the cores is like.

Open up nVidia inspector. Goto section ANTIALIASING -Antialiasing - Settings In your current state it says 8xQ (8xMSAA) highlight that set it back to driver default. Then change Antialiasing - Transparent Supersampling to at least 2xSparse Grid Supersampling. The combination of these settings will stress your GPU to its max.

Within P3D3 change the MSAA down to 2. Start from here and check how things work out for you. Concerning the CPU you can crank the 3770k easily up to 4.5GHz but check your cooler first. You need a beefy cooler to proceed. P3D runs pretty smooth at 4.3-4.6GHz.

See youtube for more help. Depending on you mobo their might be an auto overclock function. If you use an ASUS motherboard you can use an app called ASUS AI Suite II.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Sorry I'm not really sure how to add the photos on here so here are the photos of the settings guys.

http://imgur.com/a/sX5XX

Many thanks

Bradley Russell

​So the interesting thing is that I had a feeling this cpu could overclock to that except sadly for me I had no idea how to. Somebody managed to get it up the 4ghz but the motherboard has never been easy for me. I'll put the motherboard spec below in hope maybe you could advise on this so I don't overcook these things. The heat sink is defiantly not a default one and looks very beefy. In fact I'll tell you that all now.

Freezer 13 by Arctic

Motherboard: Intel DP67BG

Many thanks

Bradley Russell

Open up nVidia inspector. Goto section ANTIALIASING -Antialiasing - Settings In your current state it says 8xQ (8xMSAA) highlight that set it back to driver default. Then change Antialiasing - Transparent Supersampling to at least 2xSparse Grid Supersampling. The combination of these settings will stress your GPU to its max.

Within P3D3 change the MSAA down to 2. Start from here and check how things work out for you. Concerning the CPU you can crank the 3770k easily up to 4.5GHz but check your cooler first. You need a beefy cooler to proceed. P3D runs pretty smooth at 4.3-4.6GHz.

See youtube for more help. Depending on you mobo their might be an auto overclock function. If you use an ASUS motherboard you can use an app called ASUS AI Suite II.

Also what would you like me to set texture filtering too. Currently at 8 still. I'm seeing a big increase in stuttering now also. it seems to of got worse.

Many thanks

Brad