Sign in to follow this  
STK

F406 Bug/Issue List

For user awareness of what issues exist with this model.

PLEASE also report any bugs to Carenado via email as well. Don't assume that someone else already did (and even if they did, it doesn't hurt to add another voice of concern).

My list so far...

1. The standby attitude indicator show an approximately 4 degree nose down situation when the plane is in level flight or on the ground. This issue was previously experienced by their Navajo and Alabeo's 404. Unfortunately, the standby indicator is not adjustable, so we'll have to see if Carenado fixes it.
  2. The vertical speed indicator (VSI) seems to show a slight, approximately 30-50 foot decent when on level ground. It's not very noticeable due to the incrementation of the reference lines on the gauge (in hundreds) but one can see that the needle rests slightly below zero on a flat surface.

These two issues have been reported to Carenado. Recieved a generic "form letter" response as follows:

---

Greetings,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We'll consider it to include as a modification on the future version we will release for the aircraft.

----

-Sean

I dont know if carenado is trying to mimic a "used VSI" but a 30-50 foot climb or decent could be normal for some instruments.  And in a plane that is used commercially may not be overhauled as often to show a dead on zero indication.  

Come across a smal issue with the landing lights, they don't appear to illuminate the ground at night from the spot view, (there is a very faint texture at dusk). It's ok from the vc view,

I'm running P3d v3 and I have checked to see if the 'Landing Lights Illuminate Ground' is active.

if someone could run a check on this that would be great.

bob

I have an issue with cargo pod appearing/reappearing in FSX.  In the chocks I deselect (ungreen) the passenger cargo pod...all is good then usually a few minutes into flight, it will pop back on...I select shift +4 and deselect again, then it may or may not reappear again.

Love this aircraft...nice work.

Rich Perry

looks like 14x2=28

bob

did another test this morning, in -deg situation got -9deg c and 5deg c,( a bit closer)

with landing gear up I get green lights when switching on panel day/ night

bob

did another test this morning, in -deg situation got -9deg c and 5deg c,( a bit closer)

with landing gear up I get green lights when switching on panel day/ night

bob

I've let Carenado know about the problem. They say they know what it is and will fix it. See how we go.

Dave.

I've let Carenado know about the problem. They say they know what it is and will fix it. See how we go.

Dave.

thats good news, thanks for that

bob

I've sent them, and received the generic response to an issue with the GNS NAV2 knobs with GTN intergration.  Their generic GNS has the COM/NAV 2 and the knobs are supposed to control it, however the inner knob controls COM2 after the decimal, and the outer knob controls NAV2 before the decimal.  So, both are useless.  

Also have the landing light issue when panel lights are on.

The L and R GEN switches do not operate with the mouse wheel, whereas all the other switches do.

Small item.. in the F1GTN.ini file,  Airplane=0 should be Airplane=4 for the twin engine symbol to show in the GTN.

The analog OAT gauge reads different to the one on the Aspen.

img]http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/28/2015-10-27_7-8-35-325.jpg[/img

Dave.

The Aspen is showing Standard Air Temperature instead of Ambient Temperature, it is a bug.

1. The standby attitude indicator show an approximately 4 degree nose down situation when the plane is in level flight or on the ground. This issue was previously experienced by their Navajo and Alabeo's 404. Unfortunately, the standby indicator is not adjustable, so we'll have to see if Carenado fixes it.
  2. The vertical speed indicator (VSI) seems to show a slight, approximately 30-50 foot decent when on level ground. It's not very noticeable due to the incrementation of the reference lines on the gauge (in hundreds) but one can see that the needle rests slightly below zero on a flat surface.

If you lower your eyepoint with shift-backspace (repeatedly) until you are level with the instruments, you'll find that the instruments are OK.  It is your viewpoint from up high that makes it appear as if they indicate incorrectly..

Bert

Hi Bert, I'm interested in your opinion on this one, here's the scenario:

Initiate a climb, trim for 140 KIAS then Shift+2 the 2D autopilot open and engage the autopilot. Click the IAS button then note (1) the IAS value on the Aspen, and (2) the IAS value indicated by the tooltip when you hover the mouse over the rocker switch on the 2D autopilot. My observation is when you click IAS the Aspen sets the speed hold value to your current airspeed (140), the tooltip on the rocker switch shows "0" however and the plane noses up drastically trying to achieve 0 kts. Now roll the mousewheel one click either way over the rocker switch on the 2D autopilot and watch what happens to the tooltip - does yours then jump immediately to 140 (or the value shown on the Aspen +/- the additional knot from rolling the mousewheel one click)?

I would consider this a bug but I have no idea how these things are supposed to work in the real world, IMHO the value shown in the tooltip should also set itself to your current speed so the nose doesn't pitch up wildly. I looked at some of the gauge scripts but it didn't become obvious to me where the problem lies - or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with a gauge at all?

Anyway, the workaround I've been using is to click the IAS button on the AP and then immediately roll the mousewheel forward over the rocker switch, if you do it quickly enough you can avoid the nose pitching theatrics. I've found in a climb it's actually best to roll the mousewheel forward about 3 clicks, in other words immediately increase the speed hold value about 3 kts above your current IAS. In the descent I find I need to increase the speed value 5-7 kts to avoid the pitch-up. I believe this is because the AP seems to want to hold about 10 kts less than the actual selected value in the descent and in the climb maybe just 2 or 3 kts above the actual selected value.

I would put that on my bug list and also lack of a manual for the Aspen as some have indicated the Bonanza comes with one. I don't have the Bonanza, so no manual, lol.

Jim,  Sounds like a bug to me.  :wink:

The previous release (Phenom 300) autopilot had similar problems and I ended up rewriting some of the code (which I sent to Carenado..).

When I'm stuck indoors next, on a rainy day, I'll have a look at the code for the 406 and see if I can figure out what might be going on.

Please report it to Carenado, though!  They need to hear from their customers!

Bert

Also, I cannot get the autopilot to level off at the set target altitude in IAS mode..

Bert

You have to click the ARM button again if you had it armed prior to clicking the IAS button. Then it'll level off at the preset altitude. I forget to do that 2 out of 3 times :smile: