Sign in to follow this  
STK

F406 Bug/Issue List

I do wish Carenado/Alabeo would do something like RealAir does with the throttle, prop, and mixture levers where you can left click to move left & right individually or right click to move them in unison. Not a bug but would be nice.

It doesn't seem the pitot heat switches do anything, my AS indicator went to zero in spite of both switches being on, I was able to thaw it out almost immediately with Shift+H however. Frozen pitot is bad news in IAS mode, lol.

I didn't have any landing lights illuminating the ground either in v3 but I noticed after I loaded the Titan to look at something, when I reloaded the F406 the landing lights worked.

I noticed the pitot heat issue also. Had to keep toggling CTRL H to keep it working.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yup, that is a bug.

I am sending Carenado the fix.

If you would like a copy, PM me with your email address.

Bert

Hello to all,

did anyone notice an issue with the "F-ZBAG"-livery (white/red/black with black nose)? I am not able to see the black painted nose form the vc (just plain white). It seemed that one forgot to paint this section. I´am using FSX Acc in DX10 with Steve´s DX10-fixer.

I have already contacted Cerenado regarding this issue. They answered that the fix for that was no considered as priority one and they will think about including it in a following patch.

Regards,

Johannes

The cowl flaps and heater pull knobs should be incrementally adjustable. Has anyone else noticed the oil temp getting above 31 degrees? Have been flying in UK at 15 and Caribean at 32 and its always the same value, stuck at 31 after engine starts.

Hello to all,

did anyone notice an issue with the "F-ZBAG"-livery (white/red/black with black nose)? I am not able to see the black painted nose form the vc (just plain white). It seemed that one forgot to paint this section. I´am using FSX Acc in DX10 with Steve´s DX10-fixer.

I have already contacted Cerenado regarding this issue. They answered that the fix for that was no considered as priority one and they will think about including it in a following patch.

Regards,

Johannes

Perhaps you're seeing the reflective shine on that portion?  I modified the F-ZBAG texture to reduce the alpha on the black portion because the reason for painting the nose in real life that way is to reduce glare in the cockpit, and the change was reflected (no pun) in the VC.

The cowl flaps and heater pull knobs should be incrementally adjustable. Has anyone else noticed the oil temp getting above 31 degrees? Have been flying in UK at 15 and Caribean at 32 and its always the same value, stuck at 31 after engine starts.

Unfortunately, I believe oil temp behavior falls under the column of "not simulated in FS".  You're right though...those knobs should be incremental.  Also related--the inertial separator doors are presently being animated by the cowl flap controls.  I flipped through the F406 POH, and it looks like the "cowl flaps" (kind of a misnomer, they'd be better called "oil cooler doors") are inside the cowls and not visible externally.

The "cowl flaps" - oil cooler doors are located on the bottom of the nacelle just outboard of the main landing gear and are correctly tied to the cowl flaps handles. The inertial separator doors are internal and not visible from the outside.

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Guest JustanotherPilot

I've done 5 hours in FSX:SE, no problems 3 x 1 hour flights and a 2 hour leg cruising at FL200 all on auto flight, BUT, in P3Dv3 I'm having problems with some of the engine instruments not working - temp on port side and torque on the starboard also when in climb mode on autopilot, both engines stop through apparent fuel starvation (even though tank and pumps selected) SOMETIMES, again in auto climb, the aircraft banks sharply to the left and goes into a death spiral until impact. I've had this same configuration in FSX:SE with none of these issues. I've yet to complete a flight in P3Dv3.

Anyone else have trouble in P3dv3

What I still don't understand is why that Carenado releases expensive payware aircrafts when they are not fully tested and tweaked to work 100%. Plus, why don't they release a version with the EFD and one with analogue HSI and artificial horizon, I mean is that really dam hard to ask. FFS

Also theres always the taxi problem with turboprops they got it right on the B200 but they messed up with the F406 the same way they did with the C208 and C90.

Its clear this thing was released only thinking about cash, why would they release something that its full of bugs and not tested. This should be an aircraft that should be released by Alabeo. Most of these aircrafts I end up having to tweak them myself so they can fly and handle like the real ones based on POH, videos and pilots reports.

No wonder why piracy hits them hard, if they had fair prices for what they sell probably that would not be a problem for a start, and sales would be much bigger I can tell.

There will always be a problem/issue/bug with the aircrafts, if not you can call it rare item and also a mark in history.

@LGP777 got it... That always happens with Carenado. The model it's pretty like always but systems and fde sucks.. I'm man of pistons, the Navajo it's a good plane and a well made fde, I have flow pa31, alabeo titan it's another good release for market of pistons, the only bad detail is the missing OAT gauge but too have good and genuine FDE. Landing in St Barth with both planes it's a realistic and wonderful experience,

Only wait for the shrike and the aztec my father flow both planes at the time and I go for a ride time in time. The shrike it's a beautiful plane and the aztec it's a truck... 310? Barón? Hands down WITH the PA23!

Saludos

Robert Bernard

All taxi problems are solved with the LUA plugin for FSUIPC. Le' Google.  Works wonders for all AC with the exception of the F1 B200. Disable for that one.

Anywho... was curious about this AC, but don't feel like beta testing.

Most of these aircrafts I end up having to tweak them myself so they can fly and handle like the real ones based on POH, videos and pilots reports

I'll bet those are a real piece o' work! :smile: