Finally had the chance to get a new monitor. I had an LG 27" HD TV using HDMI. It was pretty nice and I had clouds and textures pretty pleasing.

Just got a 32" Insignia 1080p, I was almost afraid to turn it on, thought maybe I would lose some frames.

No such thing happened. The difference between 720p and 1080p was remarkable. No frame loss, but the picture!

I really wish all could enjoy 1080p. (the extra screen area is marvelous also)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Very nice Jim.  I have a 24 inch dell monitor, picture is fantastic but will deffo upgrade to a 30 inch as soon as possible 

Big difference between the resolution on  a good  monitor and on an HDTV... I'll take the monitor any day.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've been using a 40 inch TV for some time.  It's quite nice.  Can't wait until I can afford a 48 inch 4k!  Will be amazing

This will be my next big purchase,  Dell Ultra Sharp 30 inch  http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=225-4429

Good specs Resolution is 2560 X 1600.  Compare that to an HDTV with a res of 1920 x 1080.   That is why a monitor will look much better than a TV, much more detail in the image. Think of the old dot matrix printers, the more DPI, the better the image looks.  Same with a monitor, the more pixels, the better it looks. When you are flying a sim, you are sitting maybe a 1-1 1/2 feet from the screen. TV's were not designed for that viewing  distance as are monitors.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

When you are flying a sim, you are sitting maybe a 1-1 1/2 feet from the screen. TV's were not designed for that viewing  distance as are monitors.

Bobs right. Be careful when spending many hours viewing a slightly unsharp image which can allow the eyes to relax and focus closer to infinity, which can become part of the cause of short sightedness.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I went from a resolution of 1360 x 780 to 1920 x 1080.  It's still not not a 4K unit , but hey, for me it is ultra sharp compared to what I had.

Took a flight in my DCS Huey and those graphics were extremely pleasing. Somewhat better than P3D.

p.s. I've been running HD tv's for about 3 years.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Check this monster out, google the following and tell me this wouldn't be one hell of an immersive experience!

How does 3440 x 1440, 144hz, curved display and Gsync sound??

Acer Predator XR341CK 34"

Big difference between the resolution on  a good  monitor and on an HDTV... I'll take the monitor any day.  

Good specs Resolution is 2560 X 1600.  Compare that to an HDTV with a res of 1920 x 1080.   That is why a monitor will look much better than a TV, much more detail in the image. Think of the old dot matrix printers, the more DPI, the better the image looks.  Same with a monitor, the more pixels, the better it looks. When you are flying a sim, you are sitting maybe a 1-1 1/2 feet from the screen. TV's were not designed for that viewing  distance as are monitors.  

Yes this is true.

However, the immersion of a 40" HDTV is fantastic.  I run a 40" 1920x1080 TV as one monitor and a Samsung 27" monitor as well. Absolutely love what I can do even given my old i7 920 computer and GTX920 video card.  Can't fly the heavies but for GA its amazing.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Half the time I use a monitor and half the time I use a 1200x800 projector with a screen size of approximately 90-100 inches. That can be some pretty good fun. Heck, I have even used two monitors together to have a view that was 12 feet wide. But lately I have been using my nice 21 inch monitor. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Nice stuff you guys have there.

Regarding the colors I can only throw this one into the round.

I purchased it lately and it is worth every penny (even so it costs a lot of pennies):

http://www.amazon.com/PA328Q-3840x2160-DisplayPort-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B00YWD9ZZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446013054&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+pa328q

The colors of the IPS panel are the best I've ever seen. You may get bigger monitors for the money, but you will not get better color.

Have 5 year old 23 inch LG monitor. It looks very good to me. However, logic tells me it might not be so good beside a newer technology monitor. The only way to tell is buy a new one. Very expensive fringe monitors are way beyond my means. Yes I would like more pixels on a larger screen. I think I will have to settle for a 1080p 28 inch monitor or a 32 inch 1080p TV.

The 32 inch TV may be too large. I was concerned about my "ordinary" office type tasks - actually reading info on the screen, with the pixels bigger and spread out.on a a larger screen. So, I used my Chromecast to send a spreadsheet from my PC to my 3 year old 42" TV. At my normal viewing range of about 8 feet it was quite readable/usable. I may have to sit 3 or 4 feet from a 32 inch TV to not be staring at individual pixels. A normal desk won't do so the TV has another issue.

I have not decided given the failure rates, messed up screens, etc. of today's electronics I have the problem of returning dead pixels, stuck pixels, light bleed, etc. problems. This leads me to at least settle on a local store purchase to avoid the return hassle.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA