Sign in to follow this  
thomamaxi

Haze effect Prepar3d

Hello,

I stubbled across a program called RealTerraHaze which renders a haze effect for Xplane. I am wondering if anyone knows of a similiar program which can be used wth Prepa3d? I really miss the bluish haze effect. I am currently using RexDirect4 and Soft clouds , but the rendering of the clouds just doesn't seem to be right. I would love to get the effect that this program: Real Terra Haze produces in Xplane in Prepar3d V3. I think what I am looking for is  raleigh scattering.

If anyone knows how this might be achieved I'd be grateful if you would kindly let me know.

Thank you in advance for tking to to reply.

Paul

You can get this effect if you use a 3rd party weather generator like ActiveSkyNext.  Using that in conjunction with REX produces some great looking haze.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi,

Can you please tell me what textures you are using for the picture above?

Thanks

Paul

Hello,

I stubbled across a program called RealTerraHaze which renders a haze effect for Xplane. I am wondering if anyone knows of a similiar program which can be used wth Prepa3d? I really miss the bluish haze effect. I am currently using RexDirect4 and Soft clouds , but the rendering of the clouds just doesn't seem to be right. I would love to get the effect that this program: Real Terra Haze produces in Xplane in Prepar3d V3. I think what I am looking for is  raleigh scattering.

If anyone knows how this might be achieved I'd be grateful if you would kindly let me know.

Thank you in advance for tking to to reply.

Paul

Have you tried to use Mogwaisoft Shade and the "Blue Daze" preset? That may get you close to the effect you are looking for.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for posting your replies. I was able to achieve my goal. Here is a screen shot for you. (sorry guys gave up trying to post the image here, nightmare)

Edited by thomamaxi

But you didn't share the 'how'. LOL

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi Guys,

Thank you for posting your replies. I was able to achieve my goal. Here is a screen shot for you. (sorry guys gave up trying to post the image here, nightmare)

What did you do to achieve your goal?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi,

I took the advice of the above posts and used a combination of RexEssential + Overdrive (select natural for dawn, day, dusk) add Rex Direct 4, texture set Misty and use the program Mogwaisoft -Shade for FSX (select Blue haze Preset)

Also, used was a combination of low and medium altitude SOFT clouds from Rex Direct 4, crucial to get th glorious sunsets is the selection of Dusk texture- Natural

Hope this helps

Paul