Sign in to follow this  
pasayten

FTX Vector 1.30 New Installer (P3Dv3)

thanks you!!!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for the heads up. Only took a few mins to download thanks to the fast FSS servers.  :smile:

Thank you, I have been waiting on this. P3D3 has made an amazing difference for me and I am looking forward to reinstalling this software. I uninstalled vector in P3Dv2.5 because I was getting OOM's. When I uninstalled they stopped. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I keep reading that vector is a performance hog. Will core i7 4790K (4.0 GHz) CPU and GTX 960 tolerate vector, so that I can still fly smoothly?

Thank you.

I keep reading that vector is a performance hog. Will core i7 4790K (4.0 GHz) CPU and GTX 960 tolerate vector, so that I can still fly smoothly?

Thank you.

I have an i5-4670 @ 3,4 GHz and a GTX 970. With all Vector features enabled I get 2-3 fps less in major metropolitan areas like LA and Seattle. Outside major cities I get no frame rate drop at all. I don't know how Vector got the reputation of having a major impact on frame rates. That is not my experience.

I have an i5-4670 @ 3,4 GHz and a GTX 970. With all Vector features enabled I get 2-3 fps less in major metropolitan areas like LA and Seattle. Outside major cities I get no frame rate drop at all. I don't know how Vector got the reputation of having a major impact on frame rates. That is not my experience.

It was never a matter of fps drop for me, it was a VAS killer. Let's hope the p3d v3 magic will prevent this. It's also updated to v1.3, so we will see what happens.

I already own Vector but not yet installed in P3d V3.

Am I right in thinking if I only fly in ORBX Regions it will have no visual effect (but might possibly reduce frame rate slightly)?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I already own Vector but not yet installed in P3d V3.

Am I right in thinking if I only fly in ORBX Regions it will have no visual effect (but might possibly reduce frame rate slightly)?

If you fly in ORBX regions, it doesn't matter if you have Global, Vector or OpenLC installed.

Full regions have their own data.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks but is Vector still running using FPS?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Note on performance for Vector....   Use the Vector configurator and turn off some of the secondary features...  Only keep the majors important to your experience...   Can make a significant difference on performance.   :smile:

With Vector and VAS you need to turn off all the bell and whistles if you not flying slow and low. Its around 300mb with everything turned on. If you fly high you can turn off most things. Have a look in my PMDG 777/NG guild in my sig.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

With Vector and VAS you need to turn off all the bell and whistles if you not flying slow and low. Its around 300mb with everything turned on. If you fly high you can turn off most things. Have a look in my PMDG 777/NG guild in my sig.

Good points Dave - well if you have turn most of it off in my mind what good is it - nice to have UTX as an alternative 

Looking forward to reports back on this new version in P3D V3 - I doubt it will be any better - but would luv to be proven wrong

Cant wait for Orbx US landclass - as the Alaska / Canada is awesome 

Rich Sennett

This thread may take a while to sort itself out as the Vector update just came out and we need to allow for time for members to try it out through P3D v3 and see if we still need to abide by the guidance provided before with v2.5.  I used Vector with v2.5 and it worked fine so long as you stripped it down to bare minimums.  I hope that's not the case with v3.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit