Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

F406 Worth It?

I watched David Womacks video review of this aircraft and in his opinion he thinks its on par with Real Air.  

I did not buy the Turbine Duke for P3D 2.5 and was waiting for v3 to be released.  Would this Carenaod be a good plane to purchase and use while we await Real Air?

I haven't bought a Carenado in almost 2 years now due to continual bugs in the systems etc but this one peaked my interest due to his video review.

Thanks for any input. 

Sean Green

Very good plane. Not on par with Real Air, but pretty good and VERY pleasant to fly.

Real Air is absolutely fantastic, although I think the models look too "computer made" for my taste.

This one is very different to fly, so they don't compete and you can have them both. To begin with, the F406 will be flown in the weather: the cabin is not pressurized. I like it!

Of course, the attention to detail, doc's, config software, failure simulation etc. that come with Real Air products is miles ahead! You won't find anything like that in here.

I bought it and think it's very worth the money.   I think it's one of Carenado's best (although I do love the Navajo a little more = more character).

I would disagree that it's comparable to a RealAir aircraft (I only own one of those mind).... it has far less simulation depth but perhaps nicer texturing.    I think Carenado and RealAir develop to very different (and equally valid) objectives and markets.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I love this aircraft!  Not quite a RealAir production but I think Carenado are finally stepping things up in a consistent manner.  The sounds are fantastic and I hope they continue this with their piston twin range of aircraft.

For once, this airplane is close to bug-free upon first release - a very welcome change  :smile:

Nice job, Carenado!

Bert

Been flying the F406 for the past week and it's a great plane!  I initially had some weird handling that turned me off, but tracked that down to an Active Sky Next/P3D v3 issue as it was happening on other planes too.

I don't have many Carenado planes, so can't compare to their other FSX/P3D stuff (all I have are a couple X-Plane models), but very happy with the F406.  Flies nice, feels right, very smooth, awesome sounds, love the cargo pod and fat props right outside the cockpit side windows.  Has me very tempted to check out their S550 Citation.

It is not a RealAir Turbine Duke caliber plane by any means (love it, fantastic aircraft, few comparable), but if you want something a bit bigger, it's a fun addition and they happily exist side by side in the fleet.

If interested, highly recommend!

Old thread, I know, but it's good to see good comments about a Carenado.  I never looked at this airplane since it has turbines and I always just assumed it would be default engine modelling.  Nothing bad about Carenado...since no GA has well-modelled turbo prop engines.  It was just my thought when I saw its engines.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It's a good one in FSX/P3D Gregg - but I can't wait for it to come to X-Plane soon, as the turbo-prop modelling in XP10 seems a lot more realistic to me.

The Carenado B1900D in X-Plane was a revelation to me.   Lovely TP modelling and the FLC mode works like a dream!! (unlike in all Carenado/Alabeo FSX/P3D offerings).      I'd expect the 406 to be along similar lines when it comes to XP10.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Old thread, I know, but it's good to see good comments about a Carenado.  I never looked at this airplane since it has turbines and I always just assumed it would be default engine modelling.  Nothing bad about Carenado...since no GA has well-modelled turbo prop engines.  It was just my thought when I saw its engines.

Gregg,

for me, along with the Aero Commander 500S Shrike, it is the best Carenado model ever.

For the records, I am almost done with the ckecklists for GTN750, if someone is interested, please let me know.