Sign in to follow this  
egnt

AES Problem!

Hi everyone. Me again. I seem to be having infinite problems with fs9, but this time it is a problem with Aerosoft's Airport Enhancement Services (AES) I am using Windows 7. Recently, I installed TropicalSim Aruba Beatrix Airport and wanted to activate it in AES. But, for some reason it doesn't seem to pick it up and let me activate it. I have checked and it is present in my FS9 scenery library and it is showing up when I visit Aruba. Any suggestions?

Probably a daft question - but are you using a version of AES that includes the airport? You could try downloading v2.40 (I think the latest) and installing it (again?) and see if it picks up the airport this time.

If not, check the airport scenery folder. Can you see a file there that looks like AES-TNCA-LIB.BGL, or similar. AES looks for these files in order to recognise activatable airports - they are installed into the correct folders when you install AES. Is your Aruba scenery in a strange folder location (though in my experience AES usually finds airports easily, wherever they are - perhaps via the scenery.cfg file)?

I have exactly the same problem, though with different airports. I am abroad working at the moment, so can't do anything about it until I am back home in a couple of weeks, but I have a thread pending over at Aerosoft. If you can't solve the issue here, try posting in Aerosoft's AES forum.

I second Martin's advice to ask in the aerosoft forum, but you could try one thing first. Has there been an update to the scenery? You can check at the vendor of the scenery or on TropicalSim's website. This can sometimes cause AES to fail to recognise the airport.

Peter Schluter

Yes, the link below from Aerosoft's website will show you a list detailing the airports the latest version of AES supports in FS9 & FSX. Check the version you have matches that shown in the AES documentation. You need this one: Tropical Sim Aruba 2012

AES list:

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/aesairports.html

Thanks guys. I have the latest version of Tropical Sim Aruba and AES. My scenery is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\TropicalSim\TNCA2012. I'll check and if I see one I'll report back.

I can't find any AES files in my TropicalSim folder. However, in my MMUN Cancun folder I can see one! Is this something wrong with the scenery?  Will I need to install it again?

I have installed it again but I can't seem to find it. Any other ideas?

Did you try reinstalling AES? It should put some files into your Aruba folder - including (probably) one called AES-TNCA-LIB.BGL

If after a reinstallation of AES it is not there - search your PC (just the FS part should suffice) for that file, or any file with the 'fingerprint' AES*TNCA*.bgl

I am, as I say, a long way from home at the moment and so cannot check this on my PC, but I seem to recall that all the necessary files are in the Aerosoft/AES folder somewhere. In that main AES folder, I think there is a cfg file for each AES airport, which will tell you exactly the files needed for AES to see that you have that scenery installed; I can't recall which subfolder it is in, you'd have to search. If you can find TNCA AES files in the Aerosoft/AES folder, try copying them manually into the Aruba/scenery folder and then run the AESHelp again.

If that doesn't work, then I am at a loss and unless anyone else has other ideas, you'd be better asking in the Aerosoft AES forum.

Done it! Turned out that it did have an AES bgl file but for some reason it was in a different folder. Never mind.