Sign in to follow this  
jfmitch

Shockware Lights

Shockwave Lights

Just so you are aware, Shockwave lights have a texture problem in P3DV3.  They did not have this problem in V2.5.   A transparent black square forms the background for every light.  I've tried every which way under the sun to fix this to no avail.

:Hmmmph:

Jim

Correct - I know Rob has looked into this and I dont think he found an answer to it - so will have to pass on this one for now

Rich Sennett

Two steps forward, one back,

Fix this, bust that... Sir, it's the nature of the beast when you're dealing with dependencies, and thousands if not hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lines of code .

There should be a debug routine that basically says, "if I change this what else gets changed?"

Chas

• Upvote 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

This... is bad news....  I absolutely love Shockwave Lights...   this is a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions that this does not work.   Has A2A been made aware of this also?   I will not fly at night with default lights.  They look terrible to me.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

This... is bad news....  I absolutely love Shockwave Lights...   this is a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions that this does not work.   Has A2A been made aware of this also?   I will not fly at night with default lights.  They look terrible to me.

Its not a P3d Product so why would anyone report it broken???

• Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

I dont think they will be updating shockwave lights any time soon - I dont think they are interested in doing it from what I have seen in their forums - too bad as its an excellent product

Rich Sennett

I dont think they will be updating shockwave lights any time soon - I dont think they are interested in doing it from what I have seen in their forums - too bad as its an excellent product

The Shockwave-like lights work fine on the proprietary P3D A2a aircraft - this can't be an insoluble problem.

I've been pestering them for ages to plug in Shockwave support for P3D, but the response has been tepid at best... 

im woking in thi now. just prepar3d sdk, i comprove what does every effect of shockwave, and i will be changing values to change the way they are shown :)

Ive read a post from one of the LM guys that said they did a major overhaul on the lighting in V3 and it has created other problems, even default Bonanzas lights are screwed up (dont know how that got past the beta testers). Id sit tight at least until the first patch to see what happens.

im woking in thi now. just prepar3d sdk, i comprove what does every effect of shockwave, and i will be changing values to change the way they are shown :)

Awesome - let us know what the results are...

Awesome - let us know what the results are...

Dylan, can you also translate after you hear back?

Chas

• Upvote 2

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

speaking of lights, the strobe lights on most aircraft look horrible in V3 now. We're back to fs2000 strobes!

I've been unable to make shockwave lights work in V3, but it is an FSX product not a P3D (any version) product.  I did contact Lewis at A2A but he was unable to provide a solution.

It appears that LM has modified how lights work in V3, some older methods no longer work.  But obviously A2A, PMDG, and others have got them working well so there is a solution.

Cheers, Rob.

yeah Lockheed definately did something to the lights because now UT2 airplanes looks like they are on fire from in the air from a good distance out