Sign in to follow this  
JasonD210

Missing Roads and Water textures

Hi !

I just bought FTX England scenery - my first ORBX add-on.

I wanted to post this on the ORBX support forum, but when I click on the forums link there I don't see any forums, just a couple of images. I've tried in both Chrome and Mozilla. So that's why I'm posting here.

I'm using this in P3D, and it doesn't appear to working correctly. Firstly, I can see road traffic everywhere, but no roads. Another problem is that areas where there should be water are covered with ground textures. These two issues make it almost impossible to use the software for VFR, since nothing is recognisable. The default FSX scenery is more accurate with regards to water than this, so I'm hoping this is a bug and not a design!

Can anyone help?

/Jason

Did you install FTX Global and Vector aswell?

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

Sounds like you didn't install the texture libraries. England is a standalone product and does not require Global or Vector.

If you re-run FTX Central you should get a prompt for the latest files. Dont forget to re-apply the `Europe` area afterwards!

Sounds like you didn't install the texture libraries. England is a standalone product and does not require Global or Vector.

If you re-run FTX Central you should get a prompt for the latest files. Dont forget to re-apply the `Europe` area afterwards!

Yep! I missed a very simple thing - to apply Europe!

Thanks.

I know this is like... over a year down the line, but i have the exact same issue. How do i reapply Europe? Or, if things have changed, what's the fix for this?

Thanks.

Cristi Neagu

On 4/20/2017 at 6:19 PM, Cristi_Neagu said:

I know this is like... over a year down the line, but i have the exact same issue. How do i reapply Europe? Or, if things have changed, what's the fix for this?

Thanks.

Fix is to get FTX Central v3 which makes "applying" regions a thing of the past. They are now all active all the time.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe