Sign in to follow this  
Gpruitt54

747-400 Retail Disk install on Steam

Hi

I just installed my retail disk of the 747-400 on my steam version of FSX.  The installation went fine.  I noticed some frame rate issues with the plane. Because the PMDG 747-400 has been around for a while, I wonder if there are patches or updates that might help the plane work better with FSX.

Are there patches for PMGD 747-400?  I see patches/service updates  for 777 and 737, what about the 747?

Thanks

Greg Pruitt

If you read some of the pinned posts on the PMDG General forum, you'll notice they are hard at work on a "V2" of the 747, which will bring the quality levels of the 737NGX and the 777, and support for FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D. (with the P3D one as a separate product) It won't be a free update, but definitely worth your while.

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

thanks for responding.  I really like the PMDG aircraft. Now that there are patches for the 737NGX, that plane is on my wish list for FSX-SE.  I am all in with FSX-SE and as such, I look only for addons and patches that work with Steam. 

I will take a closer look through the General Discussion forums for news on the upgrade..

thanks for responding.  I really like the PMDG aircraft. Now that there are patches for the 737NGX, that plane is on my wish list for FSX-SE.  I am all in with FSX-SE and as such, I look only for addons and patches that work with Steam. 

I will take a closer look through the General Discussion forums for news on the upgrade..

There's no upgrade. They are working on a new v2 product, which will be a separate product/purchase.

Afaik, the 747 you have won't be getting upgrades, but I might be wrong.