Sign in to follow this  
737ngx99

Awful AA in P3D v3

I use "Enhance Application Settings" not override.  Also recommend you don't run a different DXGI (like SweetFX/Reshade and/or any product that puts a DXGI in the root of P3D).

da09e0257cf85b13394f31fd9ae0ec65.jpg

As far as monitors, one step up to 4K will make the AA look great without having to use NI SGSS AA.

Cheers, Rob.

hello, I used to use these settings, but since I updated the Nvidia 368.22 P3D software not working as before and have lower flow , I want to know if someone else is in the same situation as me

hello, I used to use these settings, but since I updated the Nvidia 368.22 P3D software not working as before and have lower flow , I want to know if someone else is in the same situation as me

You may be correct sir. I just updated and AA seems to have been compromised. 4xMS + 4SGSS seems to not be working effectively, but laughably is still affecting performance.  Reverting back to 365.19. BTW I am using GTX970.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Thanks guys for the help. I will try these methods and let you know how it works!

/Jacob

Another really simple one..that give great FPS...and has no stair-step jaggies..is to ONLY use the actual Nvidia driver suite mask not N.I,...., and only use FXAA.   I tried that for a change, and was amazed in how it actually looked like all the other combo's adding up. It gave the best FPS of any sort of AA and you don't need to run the FXAA inside the sim.  You can also have 8x inside the sim with this one method.  It didn't blur/blend as much as I anticipated it would....

If you try this...back up your N.I. profiles....DELETE your P3D profile...and then adjust the right-click on desktop driver mask....turn on FXAA..make sure no other AA is used...and away you go...enjoy your flight. Very important that you delete your P3D file so only the native nvidia  driver settings are in play.

I read online that this was some other chap's favorite setting, and the only AA he uses. I was curious...and tried it.  I see why he raves about it.

Great FPS, and a clean look to all the lines of the plane...metal angles, as well as paint....oh..and this with the latest driver...368.22

You may be correct sir. I just updated and AA seems to have been compromised. 4xMS + 4SGSS seems to not be working effectively, but laughably is still affecting performance.  Reverting back to 365.19. BTW I am using GTX970.

So the solution is to revert to the previous version of Nvidia ? there's no other solution ? I tested with another adjustment on nvidia inspector but no improvement

The best nVidia drivers that work for me (Titan X) is 361.43.

Also delete your shaders (i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders)  whenever you CTD or change drivers.

Also try using DDU to uninstall old drivers in safe mode.  Download driver of choice from nVidia and install (Run As Admin).

Cheers, Rob.

I have just upgraded to the 368.22 drivers over the weekend (from 347.52). I would have been quite happy to keep the old drivers, but I needed to uninstall them to solve a problem with Nvidia Inspector, so I decided to update at the same time. I used DDU to uninstall my old drivers, and then installed the new ones (minus GeForce Experience......the cause of my NVI problems). I have not tested P3D v3.1 yet, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I must also remember to delete those shaders!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The best nVidia drivers that work for me (Titan X) is 361.43.

Also delete your shaders (i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders)  whenever you CTD or change drivers.

Also try using DDU to uninstall old drivers in safe mode.  Download driver of choice from nVidia and install (Run As Admin).

Cheers, Rob.

I downloaded DDU he my to uninstall the former pilots in mode without failure, I am going to install the last pilot of Nvidia to make a new test, if I always have a loss of FPS I would return has a former pilot of Nvidia

I have 'updated' from 361.43 to 368.22. I can not feel or see any difference. Smooth and fluent. Also AA (SGSS in NI) is working - and still required.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

As of today, what would you guys recommend in order to run P3D 3.3 in a 4k TV (are there *large* dedicated monitors in the market?) with the best quality AA possible, including severely complex weather with the best FPS? DisplayPort connection/cable is the best option in this case?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

SGSS AA will always provide the best AA regardless of monitor type or screen resolution or game/sim for that matter.

I use 8X MSAA and it works well in all situations for my setup including clouds ... the AA is good enough for me, but not as good as SGSS AA. 

On the 4K monitor side, I would avoid any monitors that appear to "lag" at 30Hz operation (a quality monitor shouldn't do this with P3D).

Cheers, Rob.

DisplayPort connection/cable is the best option in this case?

HDMI2 works fine.

If you need vsync on, 30FPS is the best you are going to get with any serious add-on scenery/weather.

But don't worry, it can be very smooth at those settings.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

HDMI2 works fine.

If you need vsync on, 30FPS is the best you are going to get with any serious add-on scenery/weather.

But don't worry, it can be very smooth at those settings.

gb.

But DisplayPort might give a better image quality? I won't need HDMI because I don't plan to play the sounds in the TV's speakers, instead I plan to continue to use the direct connection from the "sound card" (MoBo onboard) to my 2.1 speaker system, as I do today. As to the frame rate, I really don't expect anything above 30 FPS, as I tend to use the graphic settings mostly to the "high" side and in the last years I've been happy enough with it locked in 30 (sometimes 20+ or even 15+ on some extreme situations).

I heard that within P3D 3.3 it's not possible to use vSync to it's full advantages because the program doesn't run in a real fullscreen mode, is that right?

Together with the 4k screen I plan to use a single GTX 980 TI with 6 GB of VRAM, what do you think? The 1080 cards would be more suitable?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

But DisplayPort might give a better image quality?

I doubt it but there is no reason not to use DP.

DP 1.3 and 1.4 have upped to specs a bit though which might help with the newer 120Hz 4Ks..

There don't seem too many TVs with DP input though? Panasonic excepted.

I heard that within P3D 3.3 it's not possible to use vSync to it's full advantages because the program doesn't run in a real fullscreen mode, is that right?

Not really correct.

Nvidia's 1/2, 1/3... refresh rates vsync does not work but P3D's own vsync works ok.

Together with the 4k screen I plan to use a single GTX 980 TI with 6 GB of VRAM, what do you think? The 1080 cards would be more suitable?

I've had a Samsung 4K with a GTX980Ti for awhile.

Today I would be tempted to go with the 1080.

I would look for some more feed back on that though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Not really correct.
Nvidia's 1/2, 1/3... refresh rates vsync does not work but P3D's own vsync works ok.

So is it a right way to disable vsync from NCP and use the P3D´s own instead?

Tapani Österberg