Sign in to follow this  
737ngx99

Awful AA in P3D v3

So is it a right way to disable vsync from NCP and use the P3D´s own instead?

No don't disable it in NCP.

Just leave NCP at it's default Vsync setting of "Use the 3D application setting".

Then turn on Vsync in P3D.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

No don't disable it in NCP.

Just leave NCP at it's default Vsync setting of "Use the 3D application setting".

Then turn on Vsync in P3D.

Excellent, thank you

Tapani Österberg

I doubt it but there is no reason not to use DP.

DP 1.3 and 1.4 have upped to specs a bit though which might help with the newer 120Hz 4Ks..

There don't seem too many TVs with DP input though? Panasonic excepted.

Not really correct.

Nvidia's 1/2, 1/3... refresh rates vsync does not work but P3D's own vsync works ok.

I've had a Samsung 4K with a GTX980Ti for awhile.

Today I would be tempted to go with the 1080.

I would look for some more feed back on that though.

gb.

Nice advice. Gonna check if the one I plan to buy has or not the port.

I'm gonna try that, but I have to confess I haven't been noticing any tearing in the image as I used to have in FSX before properly setting up the half vSync. In P3D I just set 30 FPS (internal, I'm not even using NI nor other things) and it just looks like not having tearing.

What VGA card do you have today? I really need to research about this, like checking if a "TI" edition of an older card is better or not than a newer one, but not "TI" edition... For my current Full-HD display my EVGA GTX 760 4 GB is pretty sufficient, it will only suffer when the weather is too complex and/or during dusk.

But 4k I think it would be another story... I wish I were able to have 4k with consistent frame rate (20+ at worst) and nice image quality (lack of aliasing and shimmering).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

What VGA card do you have today? I really need to research about this, like checking if a "TI" edition of an older card is better or not than a newer one, but not "TI" edition... For my current Full-HD display my EVGA GTX 760 4 GB is pretty sufficient, it will only suffer when the weather is too complex and/or during dusk.

But 4k I think it would be another story... I wish I were able to have 4k with consistent frame rate (20+ at worst) and nice image quality (lack of aliasing and shimmering).

Sorry I was a bit ambiguous there.

I still have the 980ti.

Works very well, but you know, always hoping for miracles from the new tech.

Definitely recommend more than 4GB vram if going 4K.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

i really cant understand why it is not working for me.

latest p3d.

latest nvidia drivers, clean uninstall and reinstall.

latest nvinspector.

i tried every possible combinations (override, enhance...)

i start to think it is my video card (980ti).

ADD: bytheway, isn't P3Dv3 DX11? if so, how do you people can force AA via Inspector, since there is no possibility to hardware force AA in DX11 ?!?!

EDIT: ok it was a noob question.

i didnt know that the SGSS have to be bound to the MSAA.

so enhancing in nvinspector 8xsgss and putting 8msaa in p3d made it.

It looks awesome.

I use DSR 2X instead of AA and I am in love with the quality and no loss of FPS.

You can also experiment with enabling MFAA with DSR (with no loss in FPS).

I'm going to give that a try.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I'm going to give that a try.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

To whom it may concern, I finally got the 4k screen (a 55" curved TV) working with an EVGA 1080 FTW and it's just awesome! But I'm not using NI, just set internal P3D settings to "full right" and mostly get almost no aliasing and some ocasional shimmering, both of which are not much distractive. I really don't know if it's worth messing with NI, especially considering that I don't have much room FPS-wise to spare...

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto