Sign in to follow this  
tinhead59

Cannot run FS9 again

Hi

I need to know if I will ever be allowed to run FS9 again without all of the harassment as all I keep getting is the following message: Please login with administrator privileges and try again.  I am always logged in with administrator privileges will this never end?

John :excl:

Have you fully dealt with the problem caused by Windows update KB3086255 that you were advised about in an earlier thread ?

Peter Schluter

Hi

Yes I did that and it worked but this happened last night again and I believe I stated that already.  This stuff has me thinking about changing my hobby to something that no one will be able to interfere with what ever that maybe.

Have you checked that the Windows update KB3086255 has been reinstalled ? If you are still using the disc4 to start FS9 you need to hide that update from appearing again in windows updates.

Peter Schluter

I cannot find KB3086255, it is not in either of the system files and I cannot remember where it was Schupe.

I cannot find KB3086255, it is not in either of the system files and I cannot remember where it was Schupe.

On Windows 7 you need to check "Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features/Installed Updates".

Graeme Butler

The update seems to reappear for many people even once hidden so it looks like it may have popped up again on your system and possibly installed. You can leave it on your PC and use workarounds to get FS going even with the update installed. Microsoft have put up an official workaround you can use. Other sites have tonnes of info in their forums too. 

Mark Daniels

Hi

Yes I did that and it worked but this happened last night again and I believe I stated that already.  This stuff has me thinking about changing my hobby to something that no one will be able to interfere with what ever that maybe.

Good luck with that... I can't think of another Hobby that provides entertainment at such a low initial cost! Of course, that doesn't mean a lot if you've sunk tons of $$ on add ons, computing power, etc.

Take your time; peruse the different Forums, read the FS9 & Windows Updates posts, or look at the 'other' solution that's posted in those same locations. Most of all... don't get frustrated. Many (including me) have gotten FS9 to run, and run well...

Alan  :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Thanks very much for your support and encouragement Alan.  I  am up and running again.........John :smile:

Windows keeps updating my computer with KB3086255, so I tried the "other solution" for 9.1. I now get an OOM upon trying to start FS which I have never gotten before. Checked some causes for OOMs and tried the reco'd solutions, but no luck thus far. Any suggestions appreciated.

If you cant get the "other " sloution to work, you need to uninstal the update, and disable windows automatic updates. Then when you manually check for updates, you need to hide the offending one.

Peter Schluter

Windows keeps updating my computer with KB3086255, so I tried the "other solution" for 9.1. I now get an OOM upon trying to start FS which I have never gotten before. Checked some causes for OOMs and tried the reco'd solutions, but no luck thus far. Any suggestions appreciated.

The other solution shouldn't cause this. Follow Peter's advice or if you had in the past used the 4gig patch, run it again. Make sure you also have the correct version of the other solution.

Mark Daniels

This is getting as convoluted as the "Who's on First?" routine ........

...and it is usually caused by posters not explaining their problems precisely enough. No disrespect to any poster who is new here, but invariably the same vague questions get asked and the same questions have to be asked back at them to establish exactly the current state of play.

But with a bit of patience, we will get everyone sorted in the end.

Peter Schluter

I assume you are meaning the terminology?

A code sheet listing the secret codes distributed to all might help! lol

Mark Daniels