Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Collision with something? P3d v3 and Orbx England

Since installing Obex FTX England, I have just noticed that my aircraft, has colisions with 'nothing' whilst taxing. Or it crashes into a building, from loading up in P3D.  I did a test flight at Gatwick, and this happend.

The scenery looks great, but the bug is going to be annoying. Are there any solutions to this?  I am using p3d V3, but I am not sure if you can turn off colisions with buildings?

Best regards

Jools

Hi Jools,

interesting problem. I installed all ORBX sceneries (Global, Vector, OpenLC) that I own today and had a strange problem as well, in mid air on a flight from BGGH to CYFB. All of a sudden my plane (Razbam Metroliner) started to spin very fast while cruising, and it even gained a lot of altitude (18000' -> 30000') even though I switched off the engines. It only stopped after I went into slew mode.

I have crash detection and collision detection disabled because many addon airports can cause issues with this. But mid air?!

Peter

Hello Julian.   This is probably completely irrelevant now because its V3 but I know when i had 2.5 i had trouble with Crash Boxs,  My plane crashing with invisible things,  Orbtx had a Patch for the specific airport that you would download and it sorted the problem.    Also i had my Mesh at 10 which caused all kinds of havoc for airports,  the recommended is 5.   I take it you have the Official V3 England Installer and Orbtx Libs updated.   Might sound silly but you never know  

I have crash detection and collision detection disabled because many addon airports can cause issues with this. But mid air?!

I haven't had this problem yet.  Lets see.

Also i had my Mesh at 10 which caused all kinds of havoc for airports,  the  the recommended is 5.

That is probably it...because I was messing about with the mesh number....(obviously seeing which graphical settings work best with Orbx.)

Julian, 

Just to ask again as you haven't confirmed this - did you install the latest FTX libraries ? Invisible buildings are caused because the scenery calls them, but the textures aren't installed. Nothing at all to do with Mesh, or mesh settings. 

You haven't done anything silly like install addon airports or scenery for FTX England ? You know they're not v3-ready?

Perhaps you could provide a clearer view of what you have installed, and how you did it. At the moment it's like looking at the universe through a letterbox. Do include systems specifications as without those, we have no idea what could be causing your problem.

I've got England and Global, Open LC AND UTX Europe installed on my rig, and there are NO building crashes.

Julian, 

Just to ask again as you haven't confirmed this - did you install the latest FTX libraries ? Invisible buildings are caused because the scenery calls them, but the textures aren't installed. Nothing at all to do with Mesh, or mesh settings. 

You haven't done anything silly like install addon airports or scenery for FTX England ? You know they're not v3-ready?

Perhaps you could provide a clearer view of what you have installed, and how you did it. At the moment it's like looking at the universe through a letterbox. Do include systems specifications as without those, we have no idea what could be causing your problem.

I've got England and Global, Open LC AND UTX Europe installed on my rig, and there are NO building crashes.

Oh sorry I missed this...I have not updated those FTX libraries. I better do this. But I will change the mesh settings as well.

I have only installed the PMDG 737NGX base for P3d V3, FTX Global England, Active Sky Next for P3D v3 Beta.

No scenery yet, I am quite cautious with these add-ons.

I am looking for the library files on the website 'https://www.fullterrain.com'

Which link is it please?

https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

D/l 151001, run the installer, then run FTX Central again (it will probably open anyway) and re-Apply the Europe region.

Always install these updated libraries last, no matter what you install before.These are updated fairly frequently and you will be prompted through FTX Central.

D/l 151001, run the installer, then run FTX Central again (it will probably open anyway) and re-Apply the Europe region.

Always install these updated libraries last, no matter what you install before.These are updated fairly frequently and you will be prompted through FTX Central.

Thank you.

Sorry Mallcott.. Yes I installed this...not sure if it is working. Let me try FTX Central again.

I can't even start at the gate without a automatic crash.

If you open FTX Central and DONT get a prompt for ORBXLIBS update, then they are installed. Do re apply the region anyway.

Possibly you have a saved flight that is putting the aircraft into the wrong gate, or one that is already populated. On startup, select a runway instead and taxi to the gate, or simply try a different gate. Locations of things may have changed on the airport.  

That may be all that is in issue.

Just disable crash detection,it sucks in P3D and FSX and isn't very realistic considering that if you barely clip a tree with your wing tip while taxing it says you've crashed....

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Just disable crash detection,it sucks in P3D and FSX and isn't very realistic considering that if you barely clip a tree with your wing tip while taxing it says you've crashed....

How do I know if I have had a bad landing then?  The scenery designers should fix it. I am assuming they have with the updates.