Sign in to follow this  
Matthew George

Account Hacked

Hello guys,

For some reason my PMDG account got hacked by someone and I believe it is using the 777 I bought I while back. I've changed the account password but I don't know if you can do something else like change the product key or something like that.

Thanks for the support.

Hello Matthew,  how do you know your account got hacked ?   Have you contacted PMDG directly with your concern 

You might want to put your full correct name down as well in your Signature,   you will get quicker support 

I haven't just yet contacted PMDG directly but I might give it go. I know my account got hacked due to someone on steam telling me he wanted the 777. My PMDG account is my email and he already had my email because it's on my YouTube channel (Boeing 169). I asked him if he had logged in to the account and I had no response. Before he had told me he was going to get into the account but I really do not know if he got in or not.

Matthew make sure you put your full name in your signature as well as your username - it's just a thing the PMDG chaps like on the forum.

As for this matter, I think you need to submit a ticket as that is quite a serious situation, and none of us lay people can help you. It is only the PMDG supremos who can rectify this, so send them a ticket.

I'm sure its nothing Matthew.   He would of had to know your Password anyway.    

Argh - 'would of'. Breaks my heart every time I see it :t0117:

• Upvote 1

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

A simulation fan who is also a pedant - who'd have thought?!

Made me laugh to see a grammatical intervention in a sim forum. I've never seen that before

Yeah, I know I shouldn't, but that one just gets to me for some reason ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Did everything everyone has mentioned before, problem solved. Thanks

I'm sure its nothing Matthew.   He would of had to know your Password anyway.    

Actually, for some damn strange reason he did know the password to the account. The password I use for the pmdg account is the same one for my email. Only way he could have got the password is via my email account. Very strange situation, but most likely solved. Thanks for the support.

Argh - 'would of'. Breaks my heart every time I see it :t0117:

Yeah, I know I shouldn't, but that one just gets to me for some reason ;-)

Yeah, you really shouldn't as you say...............

Actually, for some damn strange reason he did know the password to the account. The password I use for the pmdg account is the same one for my email. Only way he could have got the password is via my email account. Very strange situation, but most likely solved. Thanks for the support.

The more you say about this the stranger it sounds. I don't know how anyone could possible know your email password unless you told them originally. Leaves me thinking that there's much more to the story than what you've disclosed, like you gave him permission to download it from your account to use then decided that was not a smart move.

Anyway, glad you got it "solved" and maybe learned a lesson.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The more you say about this the stranger it sounds. I don't know how anyone could possible know your email password unless you told them originally. Leaves me thinking that there's much more to the story than what you've disclosed, like you gave him permission to download it from your account to use then decided that was not a smart move.

Anyway, glad you got it "solved" and maybe learned a lesson.

I did not share the 777. I have no need in sharing it. If that guy wanted it, he should have got it himself. I'm really confused as you are, and if you don't believe me, don't believe me. I even have evidence. It's a weird case. Even before creating this topic, I tried doing research. I didn't find any useful info anywhere. That's why I have created the topic.