Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

For you Vermont lovers.

This is a freeware project for FSX/P3D and X-Plane that covers the entire state of Vermont with custom placed autogen trees and custom placed autogen buildings.  The entire project was made with scenProc.

What it is:

-Over 660,000 custom placed autogen trees based on 2014 NLCD data.

-Over 50,000 buildings based on GIS data from the Vermont GIS website (this is not OSM based data).

-Burlington, VT contains 70+ custom textured buildings (including several recognizable landmarks)

-Windham County (Brattleboro) is especially nice as the GIS data covers every single home.  Several custom buildings.

-Montpelier is another fantastic spot with excellent coverage.

-Numerous other cities are represented as well.

-All four seasons will work since these are autogen trees.

What it isn't:

-There is NO photoscenery provided. You will have to provide your own, MegasceneryEarth as an example, Or make your own.

-No airport work provided.  Whatever is there with default FSX/P3D is what you'll see, or any custom airports you have.

-It is NOT completed 100% but this is as far as I can go for now.  Would love for someone to continue work on this.  If you need the original files to continue work on it I can provide them.  All are shapefiles

X-Plane users:

This is also available for X-Plane.  With the generous help of the author of World2Xplane, the autogen has been converted for X-Plane.  Go here "http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=90283" for more information: 

I will provide a link to the download here on AVSIM here when I get a chance to upload it.

L0ztRJS.jpgsrb0sOD.jpg

irH3Lc3.jpg2yGjYaB.jpgTgIeMrm.jpgMY5tWXG.jpguJkzThf.jpgVlRqXAv.jpgNbyUdzS.jpgcLcIWvG.jpgdvbFTuC.jpg8Z9Zs4M.jpg53FYPs6.jpgdCL4tGT.jpgMUAp6f1.jpgie2NQBb.jpg7Sbk1Kf.jpgXOmUWsJ.jpg

Aa9Sk20.jpgSfsHs3Q.jpg

Wow!   This looks fantastic.  I recently purchased an addon which places only trees into MSE's New York state, which doesn't look anywhere near as good as this.   

Thank you for the hard work put into this, and for providing it for free.

Looks like I'll be heading over to pick up Vermont as my next MSE region!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

A good Vermont MSE 4X is what I want as well.  The MSE 2.0 Vermont would be quite ugly with this because I've tried it.  What you see above is a mixture of Bing and Google at resolutions of 1.2 meter to 4 meter.  It looks best with 60 cm resolution so you may want to see what MSE 4X will look like.

Likely before releasing the entire Vermont package, I am currently working on scenery exclusively for the Burlington, Vermont area.  This will be more detailed area.

- Total size is 25 x 17 miles of scenery coverage around Burlington, Vermont

- 1 Meter resolution color corrected photoreal scenery

- Highly detailed 5 meter mesh (This is actually 3 meter resolution but causes anamolies when going below 5 meter)

- Nearly 100 custom textured buildings, including several recognizable landmarks

- Vast area of custom placed autogen building

- Custom placed treelines

- Vast coverage of custom placed autogen trees (seasonal foliage change, however photoreal scenery does not..)

- Some nice watermasking around on the shores of Lake Champlain (I can't believe I was actually able to do this... time consuming...)

-A 50 cm resolution photoreal scenery can be made but the size makes it hard to host.  Would be nearly 20 GB.

-And anything else I can think of as I finish this project. 

If you like to fly into Burlington area this would make a great destination.   Can work with MSE Vermont as well for the surrounding area, and even looks nice with the default landclass.

It's really made for the fall time as I am color correcting the landscape to fit the trees better. 

The first shot here is only 4 meter resolution.

NOjFQCM.jpg

dZt9ouT.jpgNqzLXcU.jpg

11J4aKs.jpg

Looking spectacular!  .....ah......Vermont.  :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Evening flight showing North Burlington as well.   As I fly around I see more things I can add to the scenery.   Just finished adding some more treelines to downtown Burlington and some additional buildings.  There's lots of buildings missing due to inefficient GIS data and I am contemplating hand placing as many as I can - at least in the areas that matter.

JYW thanks for the encouragement, it seems we may be the only Vermont enthusiasts.  Such a neglected area yet so beautiful.  I guess if ORBX doesn't do it, then it doesn't exist...

qAkE1Cy.jpgiBRaKno.jpgHlYKWw6.jpgXDb07ZF.jpg2J8dCWH.jpg8rJawFd.jpghlMuads.jpgwv74l3p.jpg

Ya know I dont fly anymore, but I got about 100 gb of various great scenery like this.  Who can send me a 100 gb drive and get this uploaded somewhere?  Its been sitting on my hard drive.

Hi...

Wow - first time I've seen this - that looks incredible - just flew out of Burlington last weekend... I'm not usually a fan of photoreal - but this truly looks a step above... Yeah - vaguely familiar with Arno's ScenProc which seems like a powerful tool... It would be a shame if you couldn't find some way to share your work... Really - stunning...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7