Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Carenado's Cirrus SR20...what a BEAUT!

I am so enjoying the Cirrus SR-22 in XPX.41...I decided to pick Carenado's version up for FSX and P3D. Sure glad that I did...wow..they did a spectacular job on it...inside and out...

Here are a few shots on my shake-down maiden cruise in P3D v2.4...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beaut1.png

beaut2.png

beaut3.png

beaut7.png

beaut4.png

beaut8.png

beaut5.png

beaut9.png

beaut6.png

beaut10.png

beaut12.png

beaut11.png

beaut13.png

Very nice Mitch,  looks like fun,  will have to pick myself up a a little light one 

Very nice Mitch,  looks like fun,  will have to pick myself up a a little light one 

"Oh this aircraft is fabulous, Elaine...having a blast with it...highly recommended!"

Cheers!

Cirrus Guy a' la' 22  :)

Post Edit:  The one thing Carenado copped out on...and Kudos to the XPX.41 version!!!!.....is that if you pull the CAPS Deployment Handle...the sim, whether P3D or FSX will restart, and that is their 'version' of an emergency deployment...lol.  Carenado..what a bombed-out,  cop-out to *NOT* model in a visual descent with the CAPS parachute deployment....but that; 'the sim will restart...'   Really?!?!?!?!??!  Really, Carenado!??!?!?

The one most singular feature that SETS THIS PLANE APART FROM ALL OTHERS...and the 'sim will restart?!!?"

cop-out.png

Epic  FAIL, Carenado...you guys should be ashamed on this gaff.....!   MPO.

...other than that cop-out....everything else is very good, eye-candy and all.

Agree, very poor cop out.

I recently bought the little Just Flight Sportcruiser for about $15, released years ago, and even that has a pretty convincing simulation of the CAPS parachute, and vertical descent.    I do like Carenado models but they're very formulaic - almost like they use a common template and don't like to put the effort in to go beyond that on specific models.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Mitch,

Great shots.  I wish Carenado would release their SR-22 for X-Plane.

How is it on framerates?  I heard it was a hog?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Mitch,

Great shots.  I wish Carenado would release their SR-22 for X-Plane.

How is it on framerates?  I heard it was a hog?

Hi Pug,   you mean FPS in such as FSX and P3D? 

I was getting around 22-30.   ASN kicked up some heavy cloud bases...and I dropped to 17-27 FPS.  All usable.  I have to tell ya though...the composite material look of the body and wings is much better done on the XPX.41 vFlyteAir model.  They have it down pat...while the Carenado has more of an aircraft aluminum (metal) sheen to it.  The XPX.41 vFLYTEair aircraft is dead on.  The Carenado STILL looks great..and am enjoying flying it with the both sims.  It sounds good as well.  I say that if you love this plane in XPX.41...it's a no-brainer to pick the same aircraft, but Carenado's version....up for both FSX and P3D(x).  I don't know if it has a P3D v3.0 installer routine...but of course, had no problem installing into both FSX and P3D v2.4.

Oh..I just remembered...to install it into P3D, the routine allows you to POINT to your P3D installation folder...so I am assuming that you'd merely have to point it to your P3D v3.0 folder. If everything is the same INSIDE the v3.0 folder as it is in v2.4...then you are good to go, I imagine.

Also, very disappointing with Carenado, that they copped out on rendering a true animated CAPS deployment system, such as vFlyteAir gave you in XPX.41.  Pull the red T-handle...and either P3D or FSX resets the sim. what bird droppings, is that?!?!??!?!?  They ask more money than the vFlyteAir....and THEY took the effort and time to model a true CAPS visual deployment!!!!

Those are some killer shots Mitch, I don't have this one and that red/black/white is making it very tempting except that I already spent my FS allotment for the next three years six months ago at the last Orbx sale! Enjoyed the rant about the ballistic recovery chute, LMAO and I agree Carenado - make the lever inop if you can't simulate a chute deployment but FFS don't make it "crash" my sim! :smile:

Those are some killer shots Mitch, I don't have this one and that red/black/white is making it very tempting except that I already spent my FS allotment for the next three years six months ago at the last Orbx sale! Enjoyed the rant about the ballistic recovery chute, LMAO and I agree Carenado - make the lever inop if you can't simulate a chute deployment but FFS don't make it "crash" my sim! :smile:

Enjoyed the rant about the ballistic recovery chute, LMAO 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jim, yep...a good looking purchase and nice flyer.  I don't know if I'd agree with you that my personal opinion about a very major and unique feature of this aircraft, and the lack of proper modelling (it can be done..as per the dev supplying this aircraft to the XP market) can be dismissed as a 'rant'.  In fact, I purchased this aircraft, with the anticipation that I could simulate the need for a catastrophic air frame failure, or rime ice so bad, that lift no longer generates, and thankfully, my aircraft HAD the CAPS deployment system in place. That Carenado took the 'if you use this feature, the sim will 'model' a reset, was the easy way out to literally bypass having to deal with this unique feature of the aircraft.   Of course, I stated my personal opinion on the matter, and have moved on.  Can it be modeled...if the effort by the Dev's wish it...yes sir...you can deploy CAPS, running a competitor's model in XP.

A few FPS, are eaten...but no sim crashes, in either FSX or P3D (v2.4).  Runs smoothly.  It's actually quite fun to fly...and if I had the buck real-life bucks...I might give this bird a look over...the idea of a last-chance shot at continuing life in the form of a silk sail...really appeals to my survivor instinct...:)

Cheers,

Mitch

Your shots are geting better and better! A lovely plane and an awesomely modelled pit!

Cheers,
Sascha

Thanks for the detailed information Mitch. :smile:  I was inquiring about FPS in P3d.

Think I will purchase the vFLYTEair  version for X-Plane.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks for the detailed information Mitch. :smile:  I was inquiring about FPS in P3d.

Think I will purchase the vFLYTEair  version for X-Plane.

Yes. in P3d v2.4, it ate up about 3 FPS, with my having not touched one single feature level or control.  

You will love this aircraft...a' la' vFlyteAir...CAPS aside, they both fly really nicely.. vFlyte and Carenado.

Your shots are geting better and better! A lovely plane and an awesomely modelled pit!

Cheers,

Sascha

Yes, there is something very attractive about how the 'pit wraps around you...you feel like you are in a Ferrari!

Regarding CAPS, please just let me say that a parachute is one of X-Plane's default features, so it's no big thing to have that in any X-Plane aircraft. Even the old SR20/22 by AIR.C74.NET had a parachute, and the Aerobask Pipistrel Panthera also has it. I don't know if such a thing is even possible in FSX/P3D, so don't necessarily blame Carenado for that.

This said, yeah, go ahead, buy the vFlyteAir SR20 ;-)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Regarding CAPS, please just let me say that a parachute is one of X-Plane's default features, so it's no big thing to have that in any X-Plane aircraft. Even the old SR20/22 by AIR.C74.NET had a parachute, and the Aerobask Pipistrel Panthera also has it. I don't know if such a thing is even possible in FSX/P3D, so don't necessarily blame Carenado for that.

This said, yeah, go ahead, buy the vFlyteAir SR20 ;-)

Well Mario..if that truly is the case...then I well swallow some 'crow'...but if that IS...the case...some visual immersion is 'lost'.

I really missed the CAPS simulation, right off...within FSX and P3D....

Well Mario..if that truly is the case...then I well swallow some 'crow'...but if that IS...the case...some visual immersion is 'lost'.

I really missed the CAPS simulation, right off...within FSX and P3D....

Default XP feature, huh...well rack up another plus for the XP team....  :P