Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

SP1 For iFly 747-400 Now Released

Nobodies heard of sacarism?

Anyway, I found that turning down the co-pilots displays and lower DU and switching off the map display first as well on 'his' side might improve the 'smoothness' a little.

That's the problem with attempting sarcasm in the written form - it doesn't always come across as such.

David Porrett

I'm on a 980 4gb, i7, 24gb ram, Win10 and SSD with no issues.....it's probaby your pc setup....update windows, drivers, redist files, etc.

Could be. However, I would assume PMDG 777 would cause a similar performance impact but it doesn't. For now my biggest problem with iFly 747 is OOM. That is something I haven't seen much in P3DV3 lately.

I did some testing with long haul flight in PMDG 777 using Flighbeam airports (up to 5 hours without acceleration). Unfortunately with the same setting iFly 747 OOM after few minutes. Currently I'm using FTX Global, FTX Vector (with most option turned off)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

True.

Please OP accept my full and humbliest appology. May your genuine copy of the iFly 747 bring you hours of joy and satisfaction.

Assuming you can get it running smoothly.

Sarcasm is great thing, I totally get. However, in this particular instance other than serving purpose of some kind self-indulgent form  I don't see much benefits.

Since you are a genuine owner of the 747 copy like myself. Would mind to share how to solve my OOM problem? I posted my PC specs and sim configuration above.

When downloading and installing make sure you read the download and install instructions.

There is a post on it here:

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12505&title=how-to-install-the-ifly-747400-v20-for-fsx

I would also recommend doing a check sum on the download to be sure.

Most reported performance issues seem to be a result of download or installation issues. Google Chrome, Anti virus and UAC in particular.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Could be. However, I would assume PMDG 777 would cause a similar performance impact but it doesn't. For now my biggest problem with iFly 747 is OOM. That is something I haven't seen much in P3DV3 lately.

I did some testing with long haul flight in PMDG 777 using Flighbeam airports (up to 5 hours without acceleration). Unfortunately with the same setting iFly 747 OOM after few minutes. Currently I'm using FTX Global, FTX Vector (with most option turned off)

Resize aircraft textures to 1024 * 1024 and you will be positive surprised...

André

Resize aircraft textures to 1024 * 1024 and you will be positive surprised...

Does it effect the visual quality and how do you go about it?

Vector=oom I never had one in the 8 years I ran FSX even with all my payware scenery and PMDG birds till I installed vector.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Well apart from the lower FPS on the plane I did a flight from Fly Tampa YSSY to the excellent PACSIM RPLL and had no OOM issues. Flight was in real time as well. According to FSUIPC I have 700mb VAS left which is about the same I have with the PMDG 777.

From EGFF to YSSY

Anyone else having trouble getting into the members forum? I registered and linked my product key but I am not getting an forum account activation email as I get this error: 

error.png Error

The email failed to send. Please contact the Forum Administrator with the error message below. 

Server Error Message:- 

CDO.Message.1
The transport failed to connect to the server. 

I also tried to submit a ticket through their support but havent heard back in 2 days. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Anyone else having trouble getting into the members forum? I registered and linked my product key but I am not getting an forum account activation email as I get this error: 

error.png Error

The email failed to send. Please contact the Forum Administrator with the error message below. 

Server Error Message:- 

CDO.Message.1

The transport failed to connect to the server. 

I also tried to submit a ticket through their support but havent heard back in 2 days. 

Yes I got exactly the same problem. No response from support either so far

Hi,

There was a Windows Update and the forum email server did not restart.   That's now fixed so:

1.  login to your forum account

2.  select Member Control Panel on the top right

3.  press Resend Activation Email

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys.

Jim Harnes

Well its nice to know they might have found an issue causing lower FPS as apart from that its going well for me with no OOM in v3.

From EGFF to YSSY

OK, I fixed OOM and tweaked my P3D performance to match high memory demand of Ifly 747. However, the frame rates are still can get passed 15-16 and at the time drop to 8-9. Any ideas how to setup Ifly configuration to improve frame rate?

What panel do you use? 2d? Vc? Config allows one to be disabled.

Sliders? AI traffic? Shadows? What are your sim settings and what can you do without?

I use VC only.

I adjusted sliders so that heavy addons such as PMDG + FS2crew work around 20-30fpm. I expect iFly to get least 20 (given its  same level of complexity). However, so far I get only 15-16.

Now I know PMDG aircraft have "inside" option to boost/tweak performance. So I wonder if iFly has similar tweaks in that department.

I'm a new 747-400 user since SP1 and really love the look and feel of the aircraft.

Unfortunately as I sit here at the terminal VAS increases steadily with no input from me at a rate of roughly 100Mb every ten minutes, eventually leading to OOM.

Tried re-installing with all tips followed but still the same.

Really don't want to refund, so hoping any upcoming fix solves this within the first thirty days...

Luke Spencer

I'm a new 747-400 user since SP1 and really love the look and feel of the aircraft.

Unfortunately as I sit here at the terminal VAS increases steadily with no input from me at a rate of roughly 100Mb every ten minutes, eventually leading to OOM.

Tried re-installing with all tips followed but still the same.

Really don't want to refund, so hoping any upcoming fix solves this within the first thirty days...

You don't state whether or not this is at a default P3D airport or an add on airport or which flavour of P3d you are using. Try and isolate the VAS usage to the aircraft or the scenery or sim platform if you can.

You should not have VAS issues unless you are into seriously complex scenery add ons.

Cheers

Steve Hall